Previous Owner Mod Identification Help - Video Related (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is on my 2003 LC, w/ Nav, MFD with integrated HVAC...
First question - was in-headrest video screens an option in 2003? Mine has in-headrest screen, which until tonight I assumed were stock as I have seen other LCs with in-headrest screens as well as some with the center drop down screen, never both, and mine doesn't have the center drop-down screen...
Working on installing an aftermarket stereo I have the dash and console apart. I found this 1-in-4-out video amplifier in the center console. It's marked SAVV. Only two of the video outs are in use, and they seem to route back into a stock-seeming wiring harness. Now that I've looked, the two headrest displays are also branded SAVV...
There is a simple toggle switch that a previous owner added near the MFD, the guy I bought it from said something about it making it to where you could display videos on the front screen while driving, or control the rear screens, it didn't seem very clear. I never attempted to play videos, nor use the headrest screens. Replacing them with standard headrests is something I want to do when I get around to it and can find some...
When I toggle the switch on, I can hear some relays that have been added behind the MFD. Also the video in that is feeding the SAVV amplifier/splitter has had the RCA plug cut off and is connected to some wires on the top of the MFD. See Pictures. Thoughts about removing this without breaking functionality?

IMG_2548.JPG

IMG_2550.JPG

What color are your headrest? If grey and the video works would be willing to trade? I have two kids that would enjoy watching video on long trips.

They are grey. I haven't tried to play any video at all... and yes, I would trade. Not sure when I want to tackle extracting the cabling yet though. Probably soon, but not a specific priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom