Pretty sure my 07 LX is totalled (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a tough thread to write. The night before last a guy made an illegal U turn right into the side of my LX. I spun the truck after the impact trying to avoid him.

Happily everyone is uninjured.

The truck has damage along the whole passenger side, the passengers doors won't open, the rear axle is possibly bent, and the drivers airbag and the passengers curtain airbag deployed.

I'm bummed.

Insurance is going to look at it today, and let me know what we're going to do. However, I'm pretty sure they're going to total it. I'm nervous that they're going to lowball me on the offer. I've saved a few dealer listings for similar vehicles for sale around me, but as you guys know Land Cruisers are kind of rare, so finding an apples to apples comparison is proving to be difficult.

I'm hoping I can get the insurance company to pony up somewhere around $20k. It's a (previously) mint 07 LX with 150k and nightview.

I'm just happy my family wasn't in the car, and that everyone's ok. Things like this really give you some perspective into how fragile life is.

Bummer man. Important thing is everyone's ok.

Looks about like ~$8K-12K in damage. Close call if a total.

Last edited:
Sorry, glad you are alrigh. I got a car fax subscription just to run their comp vehicles they provided when I totaled my truck last year. 3/5 had accidents and I called them out on it and got to less than a thousand apart, started 5 grand too low with their offer. Good luck!

Did the doors push into the body and bend anything? Looks rough but at the end of the day we have to remember they’re just cars and everyone is ok! Keep us updated!

"goodnight sweet prince." How many miles on the truck? Silver lining, the truck did its job protecting you and your family. These things are tanks...

Did the doors push into the body and bend anything? Looks rough but at the end of the day we have to remember they’re just cars and everyone is ok! Keep us updated!

The passengers doors won't open, and the rear door is bent out from the roofline, but I couldn't really see anything out of whack on the interior.

"goodnight sweet prince." How many miles on the truck? Silver lining, the truck did its job protecting you and your family. These things are tanks...

I agree! She had 150k on her.

Sorry, glad you are alrigh. I got a car fax subscription just to run their comp vehicles they provided when I totaled my truck last year. 3/5 had accidents and I called them out on it and got to less than a thousand apart, started 5 grand too low with their offer. Good luck!

Good advice. I'll keep that in mind when I get the offer.

I'm glad everyone is ok. I'm bummed for the loss of the truck. Be ready to negotiate the value of the truck if they total it. That number is always low and not set in stone. As I'm sure you know, book value on these truck is not real market value. That truck looks like it was in great shape which should help. A point to make with them is not only the cost of replacement, but how hard it will be to replace considering how rare the '07's are. A similar example will be hard to find.

If your insurance company tries to lowball you sounds like you need to switch to a new one. I’d say that’s unacceptable practice. The handful of claims I’ve had, insurance always responds promptly and positively with no questions asked. Payout is always higher than what I would have asked for. Otherwise, what are you paying your premiums for? Maybe if you remind them they’re not the only company out there, it’ll help them to provide the service they promised. I’m glad you were alone in the car and no one was hurt. Good luck.

Sorry to see the damage, hopefully she won't be sent out to pasture.

If your insurance company tries to lowball you sounds like you need to switch to a new one. I’d say that’s unacceptable practice. The handful of claims I’ve had, insurance always responds promptly and positively with no questions asked. Payout is always higher than what I would have asked for. Otherwise, what are you paying your premiums for? Maybe if you remind them they’re not the only company out there, it’ll help them to provide the service they promised. I’m glad you were alone in the car and no one was hurt. Good luck.
Care to share insurance company name that's treated you well?

I hope they total that out, there's no way i'd drive a car after an accident like that, it'll never run right. Anything that touches suspension will never track straight, drive without rattles, or behave the same way as it was. Good luck and keep us updated on this.

I hope they total that out, there's no way i'd drive a car after an accident like that, it'll never run right. Anything that touches suspension will never track straight, drive without rattles, or behave the same way as it was. Good luck and keep us updated on this.
Agreed. Even if it isn't totalled, would you really want to keep the truck after seeing all that damage? I think you're better off letting it go and finding a new one. Glad no one was hurt. Truck did its job.

On the way home from a perfect weekend trip where I had proposed to my now wife, we were rear ended and her little SUV was totaled. Talk about swings of the pendulum as far as life events go. The amount of money our insurer gave us was largely determined by what identical makes and models were going for. To help our insurer understand what we thought it was worth, we collected a bunch of data from cargurus, craigslist, online forums, etc. and submitted it to them. We also made it clear to them that we weren't going to let the car be undervalued. Everything worked out and we got a pretty fair settlement for the car.

I'm sure you probably know this but I'd start compiling data points right now, including the fact that an 07' is kind of rare, with only a few thousand being sold here in the US that year. Let your insurer know of any mods you may have had that would have increased it's value.

Sorry you have to go through this...I'm sure you'll be in another 100 soon.

It's a goner. Air bag deployment, badly bent rear axle housing and the whole side damaged. Parts alone would approach 10 grand before a wrench gets touched. Glad there are no injuries and I wish you the best with the settlement.

If they low-ball you remember to rub your neck and say you feel a bad headache coming on.:)

Just echoing above, but it's a goner for sure. Start shopping for another one. That way you when the other guy's insurance (hopefully the other guy has insurance) calls you, you'll be prepared to say, "Look how much it's going to cost me to replace this thing." Make sure they include tax, title and license too.

bpe3

Reactions: Dox
It's a goner. Air bag deployment, badly bent rear axle housing and the whole side damaged. Parts alone would approach 10 grand before a wrench gets touched. Glad there are no injuries and I wish you the best with the settlement.

If they low-ball you remember to rub your neck and say you feel a bad headache coming on.:)

This. Especially the headache part! LOL.

Another consideration is after negotiations, buy the truck back. You can make good money if you part it out. That is, if you are willing to do that kind of thing.

In my experience (USAA insurance) the settlement offer is more than reasonable. They are usually happy to give
a generous settlement if you are not claiming injury. If not, let them know you are not sure of your injuries. You will let
them know after you have consulted with your attorney.

You’re crazy. An insurance company giving you MORE than you expected. Highly unlikely and not how they do business.. any of them. Though they should give him a fair market value, the love and obsession we have for these vehicles and the fact that they are rare will not increase their settlement. One reason insurance companies make billions per year.

I hate seeing threads like this. Luckily nobody was harmed!

My GS430 was totalled last summer as well by some guy that did a hit and run on my dad at an intersection the one day I let him use my car.

I believe at that time the GS was only worth about $4.5k fair market value (2003 with 200k miles) but the insurance company (State Farm) gave us a total of like $6,300 for it when we decided to keep the car and "buy it back" so I was pretty surprised by that. Had it repaired for $800 all in at the bodyshop my dad works and car is as good as new (had bad rear quarter panel damage, trunk was toast, rear bumper, right tail light).

Hopefully they can fix this.

Sorry about your truck, glad you're okay. I know replacing these is getting tougher each year, but in the end it's only money.

It's a total for sure, but the axles not bent, the suspension is ripped from the truck.

Glad everyone is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom