Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I figured it was the least I could do for saving the day. I had the rattle can out anyway.

I will say that for an SOA 40, an '85 minitruck hi angle drive shaft is a perfect fit. You just have to drill out the holes to 7/16". The minitruck slip female is longer than the 40/60 and will fit into a 60 series dc shaft to allow for plenty of travel.

So, you shift into gear and rev, but no go?

Yup. It works most of the time, but sporadically it has no go. Needed a tow the other day.
I checked it again today and had forward and reverse for the foot or so I tested.
The axle shafts need replacing for certain.

I've had issues with the auto tranny acting up with low fluid, but it is full this time. Could be slipping clutches still though.

I'm about to start my aux tank install. A little nervous about wiring it all up though so we'll see how it goes. Tons of threads and info on it but the more I read the more hesitant I get. I just got to get started and force the issue.

Your's is all pretty already. I thought of painting it, but there isn't a scratch on it. I just degreased it so you don't stain your carpet. :flipoff2:

I can't tell if those are all subtle insults or not. :D

Your driveshaft saved the day too Patrick... That was quite a McGyver, matching the 80 pinion yoke to the FJ60 DC shaft to get me out to wheel on Saturday.

Does the harness have connections for the 2nd tank already?

It should have some of them but not all. Still trying to figure all that out. I also haven't convinced the wife to give up the garage for a couple weeks. Damn sub freezing temperatures.

Pig work

Been working on the 55. Finally got around to making a new bracket for the driver side front shock. I had to remove the original mount when doing the Scout ps install. Made this bracket removeable to make R/R of the steering box possible if necessary.
Also finished up the new rear bumper. Found a puiece of 3/8" wall (heavy!!!) 2 x 6 rectangular tubing at work, angled and filled the ends. Milled some steel brackets that bolt to the frame and extend through slots I milled in the bumper. Mounted everything up, welded the bumper to the brackets, and had my friend Phil paint it. Came out pretty damn good. In addition to the mounting brackets there are four bolts that hold the center part of the bumper to the rear frame crossmember. Gary S

Rear bumper.jpg

Truck new bumper.jpg

Shock bracket install.jpg

Shock bracket.jpg

Worked on my hardtop. Got upper rear corners welded in. Now looking for rear header for the hatch or one from an amby door setup to cut up and repair mine! Also lookin for the piece of rain gutter too.

Gary, your 55 looks awesome!

Been working on the 55. Finally got around to making a new bracket for the driver side front shock. I had to remove the original mount when doing the Scout ps install. Made this bracket removeable to make R/R of the steering box possible if necessary.
Also finished up the new rear bumper. Found a puiece of 3/8" wall (heavy!!!) 2 x 6 rectangular tubing at work, angled and filled the ends. Milled some steel brackets that bolt to the frame and extend through slots I milled in the bumper. Mounted everything up, welded the bumper to the brackets, and had my friend Phil paint it. Came out pretty **** good. In addition to the mounting brackets there are four bolts that hold the center part of the bumper to the rear frame crossmember. Gary S

I can tell by the license plate that Gary just took some photos of a rig sitting in Iron Pig's shop. What a scam.

It looks really nice though!

Got the Weber back on my 40 after Greg Smith rebuilt it so it's alive again. Greg's going to stop by to tune it like a race car once the weather warms up.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Herb
Back
Top Bottom