Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Collecting parts. I have my steering damper, hood struts, and side mirrors. I just ordered Dobinsons 30mm spring spacers and I'll be ordering 35s hopefully today. Plan is to install everything Thursday for the Valentine's weekend run in Shenandoah.

Anyone have a 2F engine in good shape?

This guy is listing a couple of 2F long blocks and some other cool stuff.

I think @matzell mentioned in another post that he has been importing parts to resell.

Yes

I have one from a 60 series but it may be going in my 74.

Here is the oil report for the 40 before it went south. As expected it had a bunch of metal running around inside of it.

I cleaned out my 40 repaired the rear heater fan ( it was literally full of mud) took the motor apart cleaned the contacts lightly sanded the armature and replaced the upper and lower felts and oil them and it spun right up.

Changed the oil, this is with about 110 miles on the oil and it is the first oil change since it sat for 21 years. I took a sample and sent it to blackstone labs. I am sure it wil be interesting. I found some “stuff” stuck to the drain plug and cleaned out the oil pan bottom. I’m surprised it was only the shmeg on the drain plug and not chunks of metal but we will see.

View attachment 1896421
Here is the oil report. it had a LOT of metal swimming around in it.

This guy is listing a couple of 2F long blocks and some other cool stuff.

I was texting this guy about his H41s. He has "some" with early 4 spd case.
I was thinking of putting one in a late 60 series
Does anyone know ......
If the input shaft is different between H41s for gas and diesels ?
If the tail shaft and spacer can be swapped from an H42 to and H41?

I'm thinking @Stumpalama did something similar, but the other way around.

I was texting this guy about his H41s. He has "some" with early 4 spd case.
I was thinking of putting one in a late 60 series
Does anyone know ......
If the input shaft is different between H41s for gas and diesels ?
If the tail shaft and spacer can be swapped from an H42 to and H41?

I'm thinking @Stumpalama did something similar, but the other way around.
I did, indeed. The short story is F and H engines have identical input splines. The shaft for B engines is different.
Tail shafts can be swapped.
But, you basically would be swapping the h41 guys into your h42 case, unless they are late model h41s with the transmission mount bosses.
What is your plan here?

I did, indeed. The short story is F and H engines have identical input splines. The shaft for B engines is different.
Tail shafts can be swapped.
But, you basically would be swapping the h41 guys into your h42 case, unless they are late model h41s with the transmission mount bosses.
What is your plan here?
Thanks Stump! As usual, a plethora of LC knowledge.
Its for the UTE 60 that I picked up from @BlueCruiser84. I'm looking for gearing options that will have minimal impact (drive shafts...etc). I think the H41 and Sumo 4:1 split case will work nicely. The Sumo gears have a 10% under drive so I can keep the stock diff gears or maybe go to 4.11s.

Last edited:
Thanks Stump! As usual, a plethora of LC knowledge.
Its for the UTE 60 that I picked up from @BlueCruiser84. I'm looking for gearing options that will have minimal impact (drive shafts...etc). I think the H41 and Sumo 4:1 split case will work nicely. The Sumo gears have a 10% under drive so I can keep the stock diff gears or maybe go to 4.11s.

Good to know you still have the old girl! Any changes since I last saw her?

Oh and I’ve been putting a motor into this old turd for about 6 months. Funny how long it takes when you only have one day every two weeks. And my god - the friggin’ exhaust manifold studs stripping out of head was almost the death of me. It runs and drives now though.

Oh and I’ve been putting a motor into this old turd for about 6 months. Funny how long it takes when you only have one day every two weeks. And my god - the friggin’ exhaust manifold studs stripping out of head was almost the death of me. It runs and drives now though.

View attachment 1904487

I had the same issue when I did my header on 85. I had to use helicoils.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom