Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

flow chart.jpg

So, I talked to the rep at toytec. I have been hesitant to throw in my OME fronts and toytec rear coils because the fronts are 885 springs and best for the weight of a steel bumper. I have not received my expedition One Bumper hence I cannot install the warn either.

The rep said I could go ahead if I wanted with the install, that it wouldn’t be overly high for the CV angle but that it would just be pretty stiff.

I’m thinking about installing everything so it gets some time to cook down before the run in feb. When the bumper comes in I can just wrench that on and boom... ride improved. Hmmmmm... what to do?

I think I know what that means!

I’ve been fighting a worsening shake when braking on the wife’s LX450 (she didn’t bother to mention it until I left Charlotte with it to come back north!). Short story is I went through a new round of pad bedding last night and the problem is solved for now.

The story I’m gonna go with is this: That was my original plan, but, purely for safety’s sake, I figured I’d spend a few days taking things apart, cleaning, and retorqueing them...plus I had to try out my new jack, stands, torque wrench, impacts, etc...you know, for safety!

IMG_20190113_075342.jpg
Changed the oil pressure sensor under the intake manifold in the lady's heep, put everything back together. Then took everything apart again to replace the fuel injector o-rings after a "slight" leak was found. Inspected all the clips and whatnot that the dealer techs had broken during warranty work earlier. Piss poor!

Tried burping the 3rd gen 4runners cooling system again to remove the air stuck in the heater core...tried! Still no heat in the cabin. Lost heat after the timing belt job, everything was installed correctly too, even that damn jiggle valve!

Figuring out how to mount my light bar behind my badgeless grill for the is300, think I have that figured out well enough.

Yeehaw

And engaging 4x4 on my commute

Couldn’t have gotten in any more flush than this. Tighter than a gnat’s a$$. Still need to carpet the front of drawers and put latches in. The drawers slide awesome on the plastic slides. I’m very pleased. The way it levels next to the mounding actually gives me a better foot print for larger items in back.

14A6D85F-54B3-4D63-90DF-1F1E8D145547.jpeg

3E15854A-975F-46B7-ACC3-EB8BFF069E81.jpeg

B076791D-CAD4-45BC-9AEF-B4A713120A99.jpeg

628B075B-4FDA-4727-8DF5-FC20C163F998.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Herb
Back
Top Bottom