Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that you are the proud owner of multiple brake boosters....
Why, may I ask, are you replacing the booster?
Curious what symptoms you are chasing is all.

Well, I'm embarrassed to admit that I have been throwing parts at a hard pedal for a while. I have replaced the master and bypassed the LSPV. Brake booster is where I'm at.

I found out when I replaced the master that it had a 4Runner master in it. I did not know that when I replaced the calipers (unrelated to the hard pedal) and so I may have had some mixed parts in there. But I know I have stock calipers and stock master installed now--should be proper. If this booster doesn't work, I imagine the only thing left would be blocked lines.

Well, I'm embarrassed to admit that I have been throwing parts at a hard pedal for a while. I have replaced the master and bypassed the LSPV. Brake booster is where I'm at.

I found out when I replaced the master that it had a 4Runner master in it. I did not know that when I replaced the calipers (unrelated to the hard pedal) and so I may have had some mixed parts in there. But I know I have stock calipers and stock master installed now--should be proper. If this booster doesn't work, I imagine the only thing left would be blocked lines.
If someone swapped in a 4runner booster, did you check that the brake master rod length and throw is adjusted properly?

Installed a harness bar today in the ZTV. The past few weeks I’ve installed an electric fuel pump this helped with tuning the Weber. Still smokes but doesn’t seem as bad now to get the valve seals done :hillbilly:

11DF4123-27C3-47D2-A5B8-572D547B2348.jpeg

Installed a harness bar today in the ZTV. The past few weeks I’ve installed an electric fuel pump this helped with tuning the Weber. Still smokes but doesn’t seem as bad now to get the valve seals done :hillbilly:

View attachment 1798125
Never seen grounding the welder to a chip bag... Does that double your amperage?

Are you using a fuel pressure regulator?

Grounding to a chip bag is for insulation in the rain :grinpimp:

It’s a low pressure 4 psi pump but I still have the regulator under the hood and the mech pump still in place just pulled the rod. Read about this mod on a zuki forum

Oh and working on fitting these :D

2A09C906-78C0-428F-8940-650063371E95.jpeg

With the last step completed, the 80 is back on the road! Got the new diff in (thanks, Stump) and buttoned the rest of it up.

36242752-B66E-44F7-8DDE-885CD9EA5291.jpeg

Pulled out my quite heavy rear storage system and gained 3/4” more lift in the back.

BD8C571C-1CA9-47B4-B14A-59BB91B4BB76.jpeg

Discovered my rear carpet was really damp and smelly, so I pulled that, too.

80B77CFE-D54E-4F33-AB83-34C49EDA6C28.jpeg

Then I learned WHY it was wet!

55B6F66D-D103-4DB5-B56F-7960AE11FDE1.jpeg

And your good luck continues!

Meh. Not too worried about it. It’s a rust bucket, and the back end got it the worst.

A little duct tape, a bucket of bonds, and a can of spray paint will hook that up nice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom