Pretty cool talk about 1FZ turbo engine development (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

10,000 rpm in a 1fz is pretty crazy :smokin:

I like the "we tore it down just to take a look inside, everything looked good, so we put it back together" part. Sounds like a lot of threads on mud.

6E240F63-07DA-4044-9DD9-0242D219FF03.jpeg
This ones getting built in Texas, will be running coil packs and a stand alone ECU

Did they say they destroked the motor? They say very little about the guts for the motor.

Yes, de-stroked to 4.0 litre (necessary to achieve higher rpm and might also have to meet 'class' restrictions).

DSCN6736.JPG
Some New plates i have been working on for Needed replacement , or conversions and such ..........

DSCN0132.JPG
DSCN6753.JPG

No intercooler. Can they do that because of the large volume of liquid alcohol fuel cooling?

No intercooler. Can they do that because of the large volume of liquid alcohol fuel cooling?

Yep exactly. They said at full tilt they are running 4:1 air to fuel. So compared to even a very rich 10:1 on gasoline they have a lot more enthalpy of vaporization to cool the air way down.

? Ben Bray Racing? The winningest race team in Australia?

A 1FZ that makes over 2300hp, runs the 1/4 mile in 6.4 seconds at over 270mph?

Yeah you are right, those are not results. :rolleyes:

Your def of results sounds diff from mine

? Ben Bray Racing? The winningest race team in Australia?

A 1FZ that makes over 2300hp, runs the 1/4 mile in 6.4 seconds at over 270mph?

Yeah you are right, those are not results. :rolleyes:

10K messages - now that's a result.

I have no idea what you are talking about but I would say you certainly do a lot more "gum smacking" than Bray Racing.

10K messages - now that's a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom