Prestone Flush Kit Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a pic of a standard temporary Prestone Flush Kit install? I'm having some trouble discerning the proper location from past past post and the backflush scenarios are confusing to me.

Thanks,

monkd

put mine in one of the heater lines.
Interestingly, even though I check it for leaks every time I'm under the hood cuz that thing is potentially scary, it never did leak. Some of the other hoses however leaked a bit at the hose clamps, in contrast...

I installed the t-fitting a few weeks ago when I did my flush and fill. I check it every time I fill up and notice a few drops on the manifold heat shield. Never wet obviously, just a dried red spot. But when I inspect it it is never wet, the clamps are good a tight, so it must just drip a little when the system is under a lot of pressure. Nevertheless I am going to call CDan on Monday and order a new hose.

I have had the prestone T installed into the original OE hose since last summer. I have not had any problems with it leaking and I was even able to get it to fit the heater pipe that came in the S/C kit. However, I don't know what the lifespan is on the tee, so I will probably change it out for a solid piece of hose when I install my block heater this summer. I All of my heater hoses are new except for the rear ones and the the one the tee is in. I'll keep the tee/hose around for future flushes though, it's pretty handy.

Here's mine.:grinpimp:
DSC00189.JPG

thread revival

I am getting ready to do a coolant flush. My search here has not referenced good pics of a prestone flush kit, hence thread revival. Maybe it is just me, I can remove the radiator (which I have done) but I can't get my head around making a coolant flush kit.....

in your old thread Cleaned my cooling system: the full scoop...
post # 7 you

you have the prestone flush kit installed along the heater's outlet hose, and mention that it is a good place to flush the block.

Does this set up also address back flushing the heater hose? I mention this because others take the water hose to the U shaped heater hose by the firewall.

put mine in one of the heater lines.
Interestingly, even though I check it for leaks every time I'm under the hood cuz that thing is potentially scary, it never did leak. Some of the other hoses however leaked a bit at the hose clamps, in contrast...

Those prestone T-fitting things are prone to leaking or failing at the wrong times. I know from first hand experience.

If you want to flush your coolant system, just take that old leaky a** garden hose you were going to throw away and cut off about 4 feet of it from the female end. Remove/slide the heater hose from the firewall, slide the garden hose onto the nipple, connect your new garden hose you bought to replace the old leaky a** hose to the female coupling of your 4 foot hose, and wham, flush away.

Works great on heater cores also if you disconnect both heater hoses (that way you are not flushing heater core sediment/deposits into your system or radiator).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom