Pressure Plate to Flywheel- Bolt goes POP! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wholly crap. Just went to Stevenson Toyota out here in Golden and got a quote for the bolts. The Flywheel bolts were $9.38 a piece!!!! They had no bolts available for the pressure plate to flywheel. I guess I will have to go to carquest. Can you believe they are that expensive?

BTW: They have an unbelievable white 83 FJ40 on the floor. Too bad it has my drool on it now.

Last edited:
Yeah.. you need to become a Rising Sun Member and the $ drops substantially on parts or go to Burt

WooHooo. Got the bolt out using a sharpened screw driver as a punch. That was bothering me.

Not yet, still trying to find some new bolts. Going to a CarQuest today at lunch. Hopefully they will have some (toy dealer didn't).

too tall said:
try using a zip cut and cut a slot for a flat head screwdriver it is okay to cut into the flywheel a little as it is not on the contact surface where you cut.I have a factory toyota manual that says 12- 15 lbs for pressure plate bolts use loctite as they are spinning.good luck oh I believe the bolts are 8mm by 1.25 pitch

Everyone agree with the torque?? NONE of my books say anything about them. Hanes manual is worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom