Preserving Miss Kitty, circa 1964 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20190805_093904.jpg
20190805_105859.jpg

Not an early truck, but who doesn't like a picture of a pretty senorita? Our airport greeter. Now in Colombia with Land Cruiser Heaven's 2019 Expedition. Am renting the 80 series truck in front, # 4.

Added a trip report if anyone is interested: 2019 LCH Colombia trip report

Last edited:
Finally got awesome intake and exhaust manifolds to go with the carburator. Thanks Mudders @pardion and @RAGINGMATT (my prior fleabay effort was a total waste for misrepresented rusty junk)..
20190912_173738.jpg

Last edited:
You going to mount that on the wall?

No arguement here. I think the whole vehicles always have been art, painted or not.

But it’s kind of hard to pin the whole vehicle to the wall 😛. Sweet detail for the gazzintas and the gassoutas for your motor.

The search for the ultimate Koito clear bib light lenses may be ending.

I tried refurbishing my old, I tried reproductions which were hit and miss (but serviceable). I found some pretty nice used ones with minimal cracking, but broken tabs. I'd like to repair those. I tried biddng on one (1) NOS lens on FleaBay. I choked and dropped out at 80, it went for over 100. Then, out of the blue, a pair, NOS, 'buy it now' priced. At last! Haven't got 'em yet. One looks a bit dirty, they aren't in their packaging, but they do look good.
I think I like they actually have a bit of crackling. Here is the better of the two.
20190915_235641.jpg

This one may not be marked SAE, but it does appear to be otherwise correct.

Last edited:
Am wondering, is this an oem, or repo acorn? Will be able to compare it with what I think to be stock when it's in hand. Chrome ones are much lighter than the new stainless ones.
20190915_234742.jpg
20190915_234816.jpg

Ih8crappyauctionphotos.

Last edited:
The reproductions are stainless steel no? They wouldnt have surface rust on the inside ;). Definitely look original.

Well there are older repos that were down by Mike Spears and his were chrome but those seem to rust very easily and aren’t of the same quality as originals or Speedsails SS repos.

I would say you did great.
You been going to church?
Send some prayers for us to get some NOS parts down here in the southern Baptist division of Toyota!
Ha,
Mike

The search for the ultimate Koito clear bib light lense may be ending.

I tried refurbishing my old, I tried reproductions which were hit and miss (but serviceable). I found some pretty nice used ones with minimal cracking, but broken tabs. I'd like to repair those. I tried biddng on one (1) NOS lense on FleaBay. I choked and dropped out at 80, it went for over 100. Then, out of the blue, a pair, NOS, 'buy it now' priced. At last! Haven't got 'em yet. One looks a bit dirty, they aren't in their packaging, but they do look good.
I think I like they actually have a bit of crackling. Here is the better of the two.View attachment 2085251
This one may not be marked SAE, but it does appear to be otherwise correct.

I may be wrong but originals had “Koito” logo embossed differently. My NOS pair looks like below.

F3DA5BAC-FA6E-40CC-BBB8-947C004288A7.jpeg

I would say you did great.
You been going to church?
Send some prayers for us to get some NOS parts down here in the southern Baptist division of Toyota!
Ha,
Mike
I _have_ been going to church (less summer trips and such). I thought LC Gods were somewhat distinct from Jesus, but if he's behind this, I'll go a lot more.
This actually worried me. I thought I might of died and gone to heaven, or it was a set-up, a cosmic granting of some bliss before checkout time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom