Prep prior to Marathon installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With other mods I am making to the LC, I’m looking for a way to cheap out on the seat prep prior to installing the Marathon seat covers. As you can see in the pic below, the leather is worn and the foam is tired in that same area. Doesn’t bother me around town or the average two drive to the lease but I’m concerned it may cause a cosmetic issue with the Marathons (wrinkles). Any idea on what I could do to build up and reinforce the problem area like multiple layers of duck tape, prior to installing the Marathons? Thanks for any ideas you may have.
Robert

1747D088-3925-4864-8E71-0B5BF7B2E37C.jpeg

With other mods I am making to the LC, I’m looking for a way to cheap out on the seat prep prior to installing the Marathon seat covers. As you can see in the pic below, the leather is worn and the foam is tired in that same area. Doesn’t bother me around town or the average two drive to the lease but I’m concerned it may cause a cosmetic issue with the Marathons (wrinkles). Any idea on what I could do to build up and reinforce the problem area like multiple layers of duck tape, prior to installing the Marathons? Thanks for any ideas you may have.
Robert
You could add some batting that you can get at the fabric store. Build it up with batting and spray adhesive. It still won’t come out perfect though. Personally if the seats don’t bother you for now I’d wait till I could afford to get the new foam and do it right.

There is a small heavy gauge wire in that area that has broken away from the main portion of the seat. Take it apart, weld back, then put back together.

Just makes it easier to get in and out. I paid a welder years ago $75 to weld it back. I cuss his prices when I think about it now. That’s 20 pounds of wire I could have sent through my current Hobart Handler 140.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom