Preferred pinon bearing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

The adventure rebuilding my '89 62 never ends. I was replacing the pinon seals, and found that the rear pinon seal was so bad that it allowed some water to enter and smoke the pinon bearing. Luckily the rest of the diff seems okay, but that bearing is super toast.

So needless to say, I'm yanking the axle shafts, dropping the 3rd, and I'm going to replace the pinon bearings. I have access to a press, so that isn't an issue. My main concern is what particular brands/kits should I be looking at it? I see quite a few 9.5" pinon rebuild kits out there, but are they any good?

Or should I just order some OEM bearings, crush sleeve, seal and call it a day?

Alright, so now the next question. My parts diagram is showing two different part numbers for an OEM Toyota Crush Sleeve.
and

Any idea which one is correct - are they interchangeable?

Edit: Appears the 60020 is the correct part for a 62.

Get yourself a complete kit from Cruiser Outfitters with Koyo bearings and a solid spacer

Timken or Koyo will serve you well. The @cruiseroutfit kits come with Timken but they will substitute Koyo on request.

I jumped the gun and ordered Toyota parts from a dealer, before I was aware of the cruiseroutfitter kit - which is significantly cheaper. Hopefully the dealer will let me cancel my order in the morning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom