Preferred Leather Vendor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to be redoing the front seats arm rests in my cruiser. I've been out of the loop for a couple years now and I know how low volume sellers come and go. Trying to avoid a Shane situation that so many went through back in 2016 or so.

Who is the current Mud vendor folks recommend? I was going to pull the trigger on a Land Cruiser Heaven set 3 or 4 years ago but never got around to it.

Thanks!

I don’t have experience dealing with this vendor but the pictures and reviews are great.

Thanks!

What about the cushions? Mine are more like a metal park bench than a cushion at this point.

Thanks!

What about the cushions? Mine are more like a metal park bench than a cushion at this point.

I'm not sure what's available for the 1993 but I got OEM back and bottom cushions for my 1995 this summer from an online dealer. I also went with Mosley Motors for leather and second that recommendation.

I've noticed some similar aged 80 Series really don't need new cushions and was surprised mine were so bad off. I guess it might relate to the climate where the truck has been located.
Could be... my truck came from Alabama and Louisiana. Maybe heat and humidity breaks down the foam more quickly.

is new foam softer?

or is the leather just that hard. and new leather will make the seat feel better?

The new OEM foam is softer for sure. Although, I think I underestimated how much the dried up leather impacted the comfort. It was a tough call because I didn't want to do the job twice and didn't want to spend the money for foam up-front.

I am thinking the problem was the sun because my 2nd row leather and foam is fine. The 3rd row is even better. I am going to get the clear ceramic tint on the windshield when I get past some mechanical base lining.

ok, that's been my hunch. my drivers seat has one small rip at a seam, and the foam itself seems fine...other than the seat is about as squishy as a gym floor. and maybe the left bolster foam is tired.

but "while i'm in there", or more accurately a local upholsterer, may as well put on new foam and seat heaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom