Preferred Carplay Mod? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I spent a good bit of my morning reading the two threads here on the EC Off Road Carplay mod and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the Grom V2 or the Naviks unit which appears to be a new player in that space. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they are using the same box as everyone else and just slapping their name on it.

Last edited:
I'm super happy with my Beat Sonic wireless carplay module

I had an EC unit and now a Grom Vline. Pros and cons to both, but the Vline works best for me and their support team is 110% on it when you need them.

I like my GROM and it felt like beta testing in the beginning but its pretty ironed out now. 98% problem free

I am trying to get them to update their system to swipe gestures like the EC offroad unit allows
email them and maybe with enough emails they will do it.
They did tell me they looked into it and that the older screens weren't really designed for swiping but the EC offroad videos seem to work pretty well so I sent them videos of the EC

I am also seeing if they can interface with the rear screens. For now you can run a HDMI cable from GROM to the rear HDMI in but I'd prefer a more integrated setup like EC offroad.

That all being said I like the Grom interface a bit better then what I've seen online for the ECOffroad.

And I agree the easy communication with GROM and their willingness to improve and update their system is the big advantage over the EC.
I think the EC is a more modern android OS though

Was going to start a new thread, but figured this is pretty much the same question I'm having.

I have a 2017 LC200 and want to add CarPlay, but I'm looking for a solid mod, not buggy, but still feature-full. I don't really want to change out the screen if possible (or add another screen), and want it to work as factory-like as possible.

Are there any newer options out (Naviplus)? I also want to make sure swipe is available in CarPlay mode as well. Which options allow for use w/ rear entertainment screens?

Has anybody every done a comparison of the different options (features, etc)?

I just installed the BeatSonic - looks and feels like OEM but a beast of an install.

Can anyone comment on their Naviks kit experience?

I recently installed the wireless BeatSonic unit. Works extremely well, I didn't find the install particularly difficult at all. Took a few hours, followed their very thorough install video.

I recently installed the wireless BeatSonic unit. Works extremely well, I didn't find the install particularly difficult at all. Took a few hours, followed their very thorough install video.
Full transparency- I had been drinking and trying to do it where the authorities (wife) would not find out I spent $800 on something that displays google maps and plays pandora…. That adds a few steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom