Pre-Purchase question: 2015 LC with too much rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All, looking at a 2015 LC that's spent life in Minnesota and Wisconsin. I think I know the answer, but wanted to get some feedback anyway. Any thoughts are appreciated. Is this too much rust for a 2015?

image.jpg

image(1).jpg

image(2).jpg

image(3).jpg

Nah. Pass.

I don't think that looks so bad. I see you are KS, I'm assuming most vehicles in your area look like that or worse. If you lived in AZ or SoCal I'd say pass on it, but if you're casting a net which only extends in your area, I think that rust isn't so bad. Who cares about the gas tank skid, that's removable. The rest looks treatable to me. It's not ideal, but if the price were good (better than fair) and the other aspects (color, mileage, etc.) are what you are looking for, I would use the rust to negotiate on price and see where you end up. I don't think that rust looks structural yet, and you can easily keep it from getting worse. Just my opinion, and I am an anti-rust snob.

Kinda a lot of rust for a 2015, but it looks pretty manageable. I'd say it all depends on the price and whether you're the type of guy to actually address the rust or just leave it be.

Any body rust at all (pinch welds, rocker seams, rear wheel well, etc) and I would pass.

I don’t think it’s too much for an 8 year old from the north that’s needed better care for rust. You’ll have lots of frustrations with fasteners and some replacement parts to get and you’ll spend a lot of time on remediation. But, it’s not destroyed yet and if everything else checks out ok, for the right price rust is not the deal breaker.

Check:

KDSS bleeder screws
Rear brake backing plates
Bottom of the lower tailgate, torsion rod
Spare tire winch
Recirc damper

Okay, thank you all for the feedback. I appreciate it. I think I'll skip this one — given the price they're asking, the value prop isn't there. At least not for me.

I don’t think it’s too much for an 8 year old from the north that’s needed better care for rust. You’ll have lots of frustrations with fasteners and some replacement parts to get and you’ll spend a lot of time on remediation. But, it’s not destroyed yet and if everything else checks out ok, for the right price rust is not the deal breaker.
Not much rust at all IMHO. Is the OP doing the work themselves or taking it to the shop like most people? Mechanics in the NE and midwest deal with rusty bolts all the time. And how much work will this actually require?

The frame on this cruiser has atleast 2 decades of life left in it if it lives on in the midwest. Raise you hand if you keep any vehicle longer than a few years.

If everything else checks out from a maintenance and accident standpoint, this vehicle is worth considering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom