Pre-Purchase 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like most say, in the midwest its a $500 truck. You'll make money at that price point parting it out but that is work and takes space.

One more note, I am not sure it is a 1997. The rear hatch looks to be older due to logo placement. maybe a 96 or 95? I think it is worth no more than $1000. Frame is gone and there are too many rust free trucks out there with blown engines that are better candidates. You could buy a nice southern, rust free rig with a cooked interior and do some swapping. The interior parts would justify the dragging it home.
I'm curious about the logo placement difference in the 1997. Please elaborate. Thanks.

1997 was the only year the toyota logo was centered. 91-96 was offset to the upper left. The 4WD emblem is on the lower left below the toyota emblem

Last edited:
I live in Arizona now and have for decades, but I also grew up in northern Michigan. That frame would be described as a bit of surface rust by most when discussing 30 year old vehicles. Frankly, if it’s going to stay in the Midwest it wouldn’t scare me off too much. What is the plan when you find one? Will you be able to store it indoors all the time? What’s your age, and mechanical acumen, how about financial resources and other vehicles to drive if it isn’t operable for a long while?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom