Pre-Production 80 Exhaust by EMS Powered (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a little rod knock in the the princess truck?

I don't think so. I think it's just the way the exhaust sounds. My truck did the exact same "knock" before the exhaust was replaced. It's less a knock sounding IRL, IMHO.

If it is rod knock, it's been doing it for 3 years and has always sounded the exact same. From my understanding, rod knock gets progressively worse, it doesn't stay the same.

Seems like if you made the exhaust straight out like the original you would have room for a resonator. Of course you should tuck it up like CreeperSleeper's:
exhaust.jpg
exhaust.jpg

Seems like if you made the exhaust straight out like the original you would have room for a resonator. Of course you should tuck it up like CreeperSleeper's:

It's not the end itself, but right where it bends after the frame (behind the tire).

There's simply not a lot of room there.

Just out of curiosity - do you mean a 500 rpm drop or a 50 rpm drop? 500 rpm on my truck is something like the difference between 50mph and 80 mph.

Just out of curiosity - do you mean a 500 rpm drop or a 50 rpm drop? 500 rpm on my truck is something like the difference between 50mph and 80 mph.

Yeah, I posed when tired. 50 RPM, not 500. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom