Pre-pismo-prep wrench day. sunday 10-13-19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Phulcrum

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Doing some minor PM and prep work this sunday in anticipation of Pismo. Come on up if you have something you want to wrap up.
9am-4pm

I will attempt winch install part 2 Sunday.

Where you at in SoCal? Are new guys welcome? Do you happen to have a small sand blast cabinet? Not sure if I can swing it, but I might try to make it for a couple of hours if you guys don't mind a party crasher.

Where you at in SoCal? Are new guys welcome? Do you happen to have a small sand blast cabinet? Not sure if I can swing it, but I might try to make it for a couple of hours if you guys don't mind a party crasher.
We are mainly north county guys but that wrench day would be up in the Fallbrook area.

We are working in Fallbrook. New guys are welcome, BYOB. we usually wind up grilling some food. I have a sandblaster, but its not a cabinet and I wont be able to set up the booth this sunday. PM me for address.

Truck is presently sitting on four new 6 ton jack stands, working on refurbing my e-locker assemblies and greasing the Birfields this week. The rear elocker assy was remarkably clean inside, but I had to tear it down anyway since I foolishly ran it with a battery and over extended the output shaft... So far the only proven things wrong are the front, rear, and center diff lock sensor switches were bad (as in very high resistance when plunged) and I suspect the L4 switch is also bad, but haven't gotten it out yet. New ones on order from Amazon - only $13 for Beck-Arnleys there. I seem to have resurrected two of the 'bad' switches by flushing them with 91% isopropyl alcohol and operating them with a 1Amp current (per the following found on the forum - CDL Sensor/Switch). Those switches are now down to well under 1-ohm resistance when plunged.

If I've got it off the stands and running by then I'll try to make it to wrench day and help out / get more tips on what needs fix'n before Mojave Road.

Truck is presently sitting on four new 6 ton jack stands, working on refurbing my e-locker assemblies and greasing the Birfields this week. The rear elocker assy was remarkably clean inside, but I had to tear it down anyway since I foolishly ran it with a battery and over extended the output shaft... So far the only proven things wrong are the front, rear, and center diff lock sensor switches were bad (as in very high resistance when plunged) and I suspect the L4 switch is also bad, but haven't gotten it out yet. New ones on order from Amazon - only $13 for Beck-Arnleys there. I seem to have resurrected two of the 'bad' switches by flushing them with 91% isopropyl alcohol and operating them with a 1Amp current (per the following found on the forum - CDL Sensor/Switch). Those switches are now down to well under 1-ohm resistance when plunged.

If I've got it off the stands and running by then I'll try to make it to wrench day and help out / get more tips on what needs fix'n before Mojave Road.
Mission accomplished! Lockers working like new, Birfields and everything else I could squirt grease into lubed up. Still looking at what to do about diff breathers...

I used longer lines with fuel line filters.

4480 Baja mission Rd
Fallbrook

The party to place... The un official clubhouse.

Last edited:
looking around the internet tonight at winches, bumpers, etc and stumbled upon this beauty which has gotten me thinking about replacing my '95...

Anyone know this truck? Is the price right considering the low miles and upgrades?

Thanks again Tim!]

Bud that cruiser is really nice.

Thanks again Tim!]

Bud that cruiser is really nice.

Very nice indeed, chatting with the guy by email, it's been garaged for the last 14 years, thus the nice paint... But is it really worth $18K?

Glad everyone had a good time and a successful day. Irrelevant (Randy) and his wife (Rachel) crushed it on the trailer building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom