Wanted Pre OEM roll bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a pre OEM roll bar or know who might carry one that’ll fit over the long jump seats? PM me please!

Most rollbars I have seen tend to mimic the oem style or have a support at a 45 degree angle. Metal tech makes a rolbar kit, you could see if they could make the rear supports a little longer, to sit further back to accommodate the longer bench. There is not that much room back there to begin with.

Last edited:
Yup. I did that with my 1971. Just wondering if there was a company out there aside from metal tech.

3FF95EC7-DAFB-4A2C-9668-45CC0EDD34C6.jpeg

Mine is metal tech. But, I elected to go with a front facing seat for my two younger sons.

I was just asking if conferr or manafre rollbars were made to accommodate long style rear seats.

I have a Smittybuilt roll bar I bought from Man-A-Fre a long time ago. Also got the kit to space the jump seats in. This was for my 68 and the kit included eight brackets to extend all the tub mounts. If you have jump seats that were before top of the tub attachment points probably not a good option. The kit changed for the seats with a single bolt at each leg. The front were longer and angled the back in so that arm was still over the wheel well. Someone may have made roll bar that fit on either side of the jump seats but don't remember any in the catalogs I picked up on my visit to Southern California and visited a few. That was in 1974 first year of the roll bar in the US. Period correct would be made around this time or before.

Yeah. I had a 67 that had a rollbar and the long jump seats. Can’t remember if a manufacturer was stamped anywhere on it. I’ll look for pics.

Can’t make out the sticker....

129CF5AA-5F49-4C63-8F51-73471171344B.jpeg

I had in my horde, 29 years ago, a Conferr cage that had been specifically made for the long jump seats. Did not require inboarding like the Smittybilt cage. Long gone, and no pics. But I can confirm that it exists.

I wish I could make out what that sticker says on my old roll bar above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom