Pre-71 gasket for drivers side back window. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
C167AB65-1784-4C45-BEF7-9B2004292C41.jpeg

I have a 71 and I bought the gasket from CCofTx the other year but I think mine is before 7/71 so it’s not fitting correctly. Any advice on where to find the right gasket or how to get the windows fit? I’ve putting this off for ages. Thank you! I may need to call CCofTx but I thought I’d reach out to the cruiser geniuses first.

You have to make your own or buy the glass to use the newer style seal as far as I’ve found. I went the “made my own” route and found a close match on Amazon.

View attachment 2648085
I have a 71 and I bought the gasket from CCofTx the other year but I think mine is before 7/71 so it’s not fitting correctly. Any advice on where to find the right gasket or how to get the windows fit? I’ve putting this off for ages. Thank you! I may need to call CCofTx but I thought I’d reach out to the cruiser geniuses first.

You have to make your own or buy the glass to use the newer style seal as far as I’ve found. I went the “made my own” route and found a close match on Amazon.
I just had all my glass seals done on our 6/70. I bought from SOR, cuz I did the same thing (bought the wrong year seals). Or buy 7/71+ glass as stated.

Thank you! Do you happen to know the Amazon link? No worries if you don’t.

I just had all my glass seals done on our 6/70. I bought from SOR, cuz I did the same thing (bought the wrong year seals). Or buy 7/71+ glass as stated.
I’d prefer not to buy new glass. I wonder if I can just cut my gasket down to size and hope the darn thing doesn’t fall out

Here it is. I think I bought 10’ first to try it, then 30’ and I had enough to to do all glass in my hardtop with some left. Probably could’ve just got by with the 30’.
M M SEALS E009-10F EPDM Dense... Amazon product ASIN B07NPVG5KZ

Here is the corner glass with that seal and the seam on the side glass.
F699907B-7E1B-450A-B48F-2FCE2BFC34BA.jpeg
13B5A65B-BB89-417B-AA3B-8E63C21C2B84.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom