Pre-1980 FJ40 VIN Information (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any chance the one is 275886? That would put it right on the money for the year...

but it would be incorrect for the early one. i'm guessing the shed one is the 75886 and the one out side is along the lines of 243890

The one outside is the later model from all appearances: it's a '77 or '78, where the one under cover is a late '69 ish-'71.

X2

The one under cover is the older of the two but with side marker lights and not reflectors it would be newer then 10/69, a 70/71 model not a 69 model.

I will check the VIN on the frame this weekend. According to the plates, the one under the shed was the newer of the 2, based on what I am reading and hearing, that is definitely not the case. As soon as I get the VIN off the frame I'll update the post.

Living in the Past said:
X2

The one under cover is the older of the two but with side marker lights and not reflectors it would be newer then 10/69, a 70/71 model not a 69 model.

Spot on, I was thinking 11/69-10/71.

E, I recently decided to replace my replacement Door Jamb VIN plate. Found a vendor on ebay, Carboneliveries. I am told (by 1h8mud member) that they do a good job. Not cheap. I also got an engine compartment plate but those are now sold out I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom