Prayers; thoughts; encouragement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clutchee

I'm fun sized!
Threads
Everyone this been on my mind for a while- think gods been saying to do this and today is one of those days....
Like to start thread about prayers or thoughts for folks, family or praise in our lives through God.

Today lost good friend/ co worker to cancer. Fellow was co worker for last 5+ years; he had brain cancer...... He had been in remission up until this last year.
He had seizure and when at hospital they diagnosed as another tumor on his brain had appeared.

Josh was early 30's with wife and two kids- probably one of funniest; honest, and hard working fellows at our company.
Still remember one business trip partying with him in San Antonio after he got promotion.....
Josh was one of good guys you work with whom would go thru hell with you on issue.
Josh you be missed!

Sorry Clutchee.

Lost my mom to cancer, 3 of my grandparents, and an uncle. Cancer sucks. Another of my uncles just got diagnosed too; were extremely close. I am not taking the news well.

Guess for me all this started as God last few months been "talking" or guiding my life more.
Never been big person of church or religion in general due to not wanting to be a hypocrite based on things I do and say.....
Finally realizing no ones perfect in church or life but letting God take control has opened my eyes to things.

Guess for me all this started as God last few months been "talking" or guiding my life more.
Never been big person of church or religion in general due to not wanting to be a hypocrite based on things I do and say.....
Finally realizing no ones perfect in church or life but letting God take control has opened my eyes to things.
Takes a real man to say that!
Sorry for your loss.

God Bless-

As you get older.....I have figured it out that everyone is just doing there best and winging it. Life experiences make you who you are and a better person. Learn from past and don't repeat it unless you want too.

Good stuff Clutchee.

Thanks for starting this thread Clutchee. Great idea.

I am sorry about your friend. And I appreciate your thread title Clutchee. I'm not of the prayin' sort, but I am of the thinking and encouraging sort. So thanks for including all of us.

I hate that man. too young. I like to think when people go real young like that..that God has a greater need for real good people upstairs ya know?

Clutch will be praying for yall.

My mom had lymphoma when I was in 6th grade. While she was taking treatment, and my parents were telling us she would be fine; her good friend died from it. My family grew spiritually and mentally in amazing ways from that. That was in 1993, she is now 70 and still kicking.

I know 2 children that have had serious, rare cancer (one my cousins kid). One died and my cousin's kid is completely healed.......I don't pretend to know God's intent, He is the omnipotent one, not me. I like that thought though Lenny. I also like to imagine that once in heaven we will see how these illnesses and sudden death's sent "ripples across the pond" that saved people, strengthened someone's faith, etc. that's the only way I can deal with loses like Josh, Clutchee, is to know it's part of the plan.

Everyone thanks for all you thoughts & prayers!

Moving forward- saw this tonight while watching TV:
Psalm 111:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
all who follow his precepts have good understanding.
To him belongs eternal praise.

Seems to apply to me; was scared of accepting god & being a fake….
Glad I realized being religious means you know you have faults.

Hope everyone thinks about their life & paths, and each of us helps make each others & folks in our daily lives better!

Everyone- good friend going thru hard time in life….
Please say silent prayer or thought for him; great friend, great father, amazing human.

Been on my mind since thursday & text… didn't hear anything…. found out he going through rough patch.

Kinda sobering how God puts folks on your mind then…. you reach out when they are down.

Thanks everyone!

Done...

Bumping this b/c I had one of my dad's best friends had a stroke on Jan 1. He only had daughters and he is like a father to me also. Went to Memphis yesterday to see him. All is well but I had gotten busy with life and didn't stay in constant contact. He was the guy I used to work on P cars with.

Anyway long story shorts is.....I have gotten close to many of you and all have been influences in my life in one way or another. I appreciate our friendship as I grow as a father and friend it means a lot to me and I am here and my home is always open.

I am going to try better to stay in contact whether you want to hear from me or not :flipoff2:

Enjoy your time with the ones you love!

-Bomar

Amen Bomar/ said it many times, trust and love my cruiser family much more blood family.....
Cause they care more!

Prayers for P-Dad.

You are a good man Mr Bomar.

John, comments like yours, and those of many others on here, prove just how remarkable and special our Toyota community truly is! Everyone acknowledges that, although the trucks may have brought us together, it's the Land Cruiser people who keep us together.....and it's rare for a car group to work like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom