Prayers, positive thoughts, encouragement, etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know I'm copying a CottonLand thread, but I think it will be a good thread to start on here.

I thought I'd take a minute and update everyone on what's been going on with me lately and why I haven't been at recent meetings and won't be able to go on the April Ozark run.

I have been pretty quiet about it up until now. My wife, Vicki is going through breast cancer treatment. She was diagnosed with Stage 2 cancer with lymph node involvement. Her first of 4 treatments was a couple of weeks ago. We found out not long after Christmas and we had surgeries on Jan 18 and Feb 1. Technically, she is cancer free, but chemo is kind of a necessary evil to try and make sure there are no leftover cancer cells. Her hair is starting to show signs of falling out and she is feeling pretty lousy, which is expected of course. Due to her immune system being weak, we are limiting outside exposure so hopefully she won't catch a bug that could cause serious complications. After chemo, there are still some decisions to be made regarding mastectomy surgery or radiation. Surgery is radical but really the only way to insure breast cancer won't come back.

I wanted to speak out to let people know to tell their loved ones that breast cancer doesn't always manifest as a lump. Vicki's was a indentation in the skin and we are lucky she saw it and figured something wasn't right. Not only did I want to share to raise awareness for how breast cancer can show itself so you can share with your loved ones, but I would also appreciate prayers, positive thoughts and encouragement. Cancer sucks!!!

Thanks guys and sorry for being a little long winded...

Hope to see everyone on the trails soon.
Lance

Lance,
Please know you, your wife, and entire families are in the thoughts and prayers at my house.

Thanks, guys!! It's been a hard road so far, but there are some positives with our situation because it could have been so much worse. Thank God she was paying attention and noticed a subtle change. Please make sure the women in your lives know about this manifestation, because we've found a lot of people just don't know about it.

Lance- My wife and I will keep your wife and your family in our prayers. If we can help out in any way, please do not hesitate to ask- thank you for bringing this manifestation to our attentions as well, as I also was not aware of this form of disease presentation.

Lance,
I haven't been on here much lately because we're trying to sell a house. Jay just filled me in. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, brother. Said a little prayer just now in fact. Y'all stay strong and please keep us updated. You are right, cancer does suck.

Thanks, Justin, we appreciate it!!

Guys,
Vicki is doing okay, last week was a little rough because her hair started falling out. I had the heartbreaking job of shaving her hair off cause it was just falling out all over the place and making a mess and she just wanted to go ahead and get it over with instead of it falling out in clumps. As of late, she has felt pretty good physically.

We needs thoughts and prayers tomorrow as we go through our 2nd of 4 chemo treatments.

God bless!
Lance

Stay Strong my friend- Our thoughts are with you bud

Haven't been on the forum much but just now seeing you were telling everyone.

We are praying for you and Vicki. We love ya brother!

We got done with our fourth and final chemo treatment today. We have all kinds of appointments in the coming weeks dealing with either radiation or double mastectomy/reconstruction or both. Still not sure that if we elect surgery if we'll have to deal with radiation. We're hoping not. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as the next week after chemo is rough. I really won't know till probably the week of whether or not I'll be able to be at the Ramble. I'm hoping so, but I'm not going to leave her by herself if she needs me. Family comes first as we all know, but I'll be there if I can.

We wish you and the family well brother- god bless

Just seeing this thread on y'alls page but you and I have talked several times about this so you know where I stand. Still praying for you guys. I just know everything will work out for the best! God works in mysterious ways my friend. Just know that your CLC friends are thinking about you guys often! See ya soon bro!

Psalm 118: 14-16

Last edited:
Just seeing this thread on y'alls page but you and I have talked several times about this so you know where I stand. Still praying for you guys. I just know everything will work out for the best! God works in mysterious ways my friend. Just know that your CLC friends are thinking about you guys often! See ya soon bro!

Psalm 118: 14-16

Thanks brother! I appreciate it!
We are sitting on go for double mastectomy/reconstruction surgery on July 8th. It wasn't an easy decision but in the end seemed like a no brainer. Glad she has some time to recover from chemo, it's some nasty stuff! I appreciate all of you guys, your prayers and encouragment!

Hey brother- hope all is well with ya-God bless

I'd like to ask for prayers and positive thoughts again as tomorrow is surgery day. Vicki is having a double mastectomy and reconstruction surgery tomorrow morning. We have to be at Baptist at 5 AM with surgery supposedly starting at 7. They said it could take anywhere from 3-5 hours and require at least 1 night in the hospital. I'll try to provide an update when I can. As always, thanks for the support.
Lance

Our Prayers and thoughts are with ya'll.
I know its been a rough road. God will guide you through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom