Prado Rocker Panels on GX... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to put Prado 150 (TRJ-150) painted rocker panels onto my '10 GX460 (no step - eventually sliders).

First off; new member, but Ive been reading for a while - still not much in terms of aftermarket support for the GX, and as it gets a bit older Im more receptive to going to work... The endstate for this job is mounting a quality set of sliders (ive read around here and Pradopoint - i understand thats a separate fight all together).

Im currently in South America, and everywhere I look I see 150 Prados. Specifically I see the painted rocker panel and SEPARATE plastic step:

So after a few calls to Toyota (in terrible spanish), and with the help of Figure 75-52 (the Prado 150 "moulding" diagram with part numbers, link below), I think Im going to order the two rocker panels and all associated brackets.

http://japancars.ru/index.php?route...&area=JP&cat=781160&pn=5388660030&blk_id=7552

My GX in back in the states, so Im not able to do a side by side by there are plenty of Prados and everything looks the same in comparison with diagrams from GX moulding.

Anybody have an information about this swap? Ive seen some people just pop off the entire Lexus step (looks great on a blackGX ), but I dont think silver would pull it off as well.

Here's my best shot at the parts list (currently exchanging emails with the parts guy to get all the numbers correct on an invoice before he orders):

Most parts sites Ive found seem to imply the rockers come painted (last "B0" in the part number indicates color), but the parts guy here seems to think Ill need to have them painted when they arrive. Anyone smart on Toyota Parts?

Rocker Panels:
75805-60050-B0 (RH, pintado Plata Metalica)
75806-60050-B0 (LH, pintado Plata Metalica)

Brackets (frame to rocker):
75865B (RH)
75866A (LH)
Screws for Brackets:
91631-J0612 (4 per side, total of 8)

Screws/ Clips inside of rear wheel well
90189-06065 (1 per side, total of 2)
90159-60603 (1 per side, total of 2)

Different Screw/ Clip (not sure)
75867A (1 per side, total of 2)
76924G (1 per side, total of 2)

Trim Clips for underside of rocker panel
90189-04059 (4 per side, total of 8)
90162-40035 (4 per side, total of 8)

Mud Flaps
76621D (RH)
76622D (LH)
Clips for Mud Flaps
90159-C0036 (8)
90189-06065 (8)

If you do get the parts. Please post pics of the conversion process. I'd like to do the same to my GX. Looks great.

All the parts arrived except for a couple plastic screws.

Ill return to the US in a few weeks and let everyone know how it goes (if photobucket would work I would upload some pics).

Any luck? Did you order the parts from Japancars.ru or through a dealer? Please let me know how you sourced the parts. Thank you!

I ordered the parts locally in Bogota, Colombia, while traveling. I will be bringing them back to the states with me in about a week.

I'll do a full write up with the details, but bottom line: I ordered more parts than I needed and the swap is super simple.

I'll probably wait until I get sliders sorted and then fit the lights back under there (they are attached to the old giant step).

I think this will really look good with a Dobinsons 2" lift and new BFG All Terrains (in the mail)

Man this is great! I was actually looking to get these prado rocker panels but it seemed like too much work... so I ended up just hacking my stock side steps instead. As for the sliders - they should bolt right up but you probably want to order the 4runner trail fitment. Good luck and happy modding!
Hope to see more modded 460s soon!

With the side steps removed it just didn't look right:

So I cut the upper portion out of the stock side step and remounted it.

Then added some bolt on sliders from Rocky Road Outfitters (make sure you order for 4runner trail)

Has anybody figured out if these can be imported to the U.S.? I am considering a GX but wanted to removed the steps and do a few other small mods... Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hey TRD83. Good to see you pioneering some changes to your GX460. Have you done any research about swapping roof rails between the GX and the 150 Prado? The US-based GX has the weak, low-profile aluminum rails that have pretty limited support for a decent set of cross bars. Thule has nothing, and Yakima offers a solution that (in my opinion) isn't stellar.

I did some messing around on the Thule site, and if you check for roof rack options on a 150 Prado, they offer several options, including the Aeroblades and corresponding foot pack. It seems as though the 150 Prado has a different set of OEM rails that are raised higher for better clearance, and (in appearance) look more stout. I wonder if these rails would be a direct bolt on swap onto the GX (i.e., remove the GX rails, and bolt on the 150 rails).

I figure I'd ask before taking this one on myself.

...Have you done any research about swapping roof rails between the GX and the 150 Prado? The US-based GX has the weak, low-profile aluminum rails that have pretty limited support for a decent set of cross bars. Thule has nothing, and Yakima offers a solution that (in my opinion) isn't stellar....I figure I'd ask before taking this one on myself.

You can google "pradopoint + 150 + roof rack" for more reading than you'd ever want to do about racks, but here was the conclusion I came to if I were going to mess with the rack:
1) drop the stock rails to keep the height down
2) add a Rhino Pioneer Rack - pick the length you choose. I did a lot of reading on PradoPoint about different options for racks and I like the bars running lengthwise (for wind noise when unloaded) and it will hold more than I would comfortably put up there. I think you get 4 legs for the shorter variant and 6 legs for the longer one - cliff notes version on all the reading is make sure you properly reseal the screws mounting the legs so no water sneaks in.

Be sure to post whatever you decide!

Thanks for the info. Funny you mention the pradopoint forum; I joined earlier today and have checking things out. Seems like there are a few "take off's" of the OEM rails for the guys that do upgrades. This is my wife's new DD, so I'm not going to add a full rack. I just want the better rails from the Prado so that I can mate some Thule Aero's to it for our ski rack and cargo box when we go on trips. The Prado rails have better clearance and more mounting options than the US rails. I'm sure shipping will kill the deal in most cases, but I'm going to keep looking around.

I did see your post - thanks stubble. I've got a plan in place; it'll just take a bit of time. I'll start my own thread when I have what I need.

I did see your post - thanks stubble. I've got a plan in place; it'll just take a bit of time. I'll start my own thread when I have what I need.
Looking forward to seeing where you end up. I am still contemplating the Rhino triple aero bars setup but haven't moved on it yet.

great information. wondering if the US dealer can track these parts down.

thanks!!

Sorry for the late revival of this thread. I'm working on getting the parts for this, has anyone gotten a local US dealer to bring these parts in?

Also more importantly to @TRD83 and @theoverachiever did you ever get your puddle reinstalled, and what was the best way you found to do it?

LEXUS GX460 2010+- Lower Side Mouldings Set Offroad Type | CM-TLGXOFFRSSPL

$499 plus shipping

lexus-gx460-2013-lower-side-mouldings-set-offroad-type-b41694.jpg
lexus-gx460-2013-lower-side-mouldings-set-offroad-type-1-8c9f95.jpg

Description of product:

Lexus GX460 2010- & Toyota Land Cruiser Prado FJ150 2010-

Side Lower Mouldings (Side Steps) Set L+R. Genuine.

Front mud flaps L+R included:

76622-60150;
76621-60180.

Wide range of auto accessories in stock!

Advantages of buying on CarMarka.com:

• Quick Worldwide Delivery
  • Affordable Low Prices
  • Online Payment System
You can buy LEXUS Lower Side Mouldings Set Offroad Type CM-TLGXOFFRSSPL with WORLDWIDE DELIVERY

via DHL, FEDEX, UPS, ARAMEX, EMS and other express forwarders!

LEXUS GX460 2010+- Lower Side Mouldings Set Offroad Type | CM-TLGXOFFRSSPL

$499 plus shipping

lexus-gx460-2013-lower-side-mouldings-set-offroad-type-b41694.jpg
lexus-gx460-2013-lower-side-mouldings-set-offroad-type-1-8c9f95.jpg

Description of product:

Lexus GX460 2010- & Toyota Land Cruiser Prado FJ150 2010-

Side Lower Mouldings (Side Steps) Set L+R. Genuine.

Front mud flaps L+R included:

76622-60150;
76621-60180.

Wide range of auto accessories in stock!

Advantages of buying on CarMarka.com:

• Quick Worldwide Delivery
  • Affordable Low Prices
  • Online Payment System
You can buy LEXUS Lower Side Mouldings Set Offroad Type CM-TLGXOFFRSSPL with WORLDWIDE DELIVERY

via DHL, FEDEX, UPS, ARAMEX, EMS and other express forwarders!

Hey there. Did the purchase of these parts come with all hardware and fitting, or did you have to buy them separately? Looks really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom