Prado front suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys

Pls tell me if Toyota Prado front suspension is same as Toyota Tacomo or Tundra????

Thanks in advance.-

I believe it's the same as the latest generation of tacoma.

Post this in the "truck" or "international" section and you'll get more info.

Pretty sure it's the same as GX470/4Runner, not sure about the trucks...

Same as the 4Runner (optional XREAS shocks are different), GX470 (adj shocks are differnt, optional KDSS swaybars differ) and almost identical to the 05 Tacoma (wider track & swaybar).

not related the the Tundra or Sequoia tho

First Toy said it right!

He's pretty well versed in that area! :)

Doug

does anyone know if it's possible to lift a GX470 since it has rear airbags?
i'm guessing the front is simple due to it being similar with 4th gen 4runners.
or is it possible to make the rear set at "high" position at all times?

thanks
dan

the rear is air suspension not hydraulic.
as for the trailex, all they did to the rear was set the rear at "high" position. i'm looking for something more permanent, as it automatically goes back down at certain speeds.

i'm thinking there must be a way to overide the auto leveling so i can just leave it at high position without it going back down.
anyone know if it's possible?

Last edited:
ask Slee. He tricked the LX470's rear airbags into staying on the hi position all the time. I'm sure it's identical.

The GX has nice, adj front shocks so it would be a bummer to pull those unless they were worn out.

You could try setting the susspension to max height while you are in the garage, then pull the fuses for AHC, I expect there would be 2 or more, if the vehicle does not drop, then go for a drive and see if it does, if it doesn't then, all you have to do is put a switch in the circuit so you can use it normally or lock it out on high setting (provided you have no slow leaks, and that the valves need power to open and lower the suspension)

Last edited:
The LX470 is Hydraulic, not air.

You can look at what hoser did to his to his LX470 to achieve a permanent lift by simply moving the height sensors.

I'd be surprised if the GX wasn't hydraulic as well, and whoever wrote the fourwheeler article didn't know what they were talking about as they weren't the person who did the actual modification.

Purplehazek4 is correct. The GX470 has rear air suspension. Lexus also advertise Electro-Hydraulic suspension but that has more to do with the active swaybars. The suspension is much more complex than what we have on the LX470.

Purplehazek4, I suggest you try asking some of the people on the 4runner forums as the GX is much more like a 4Runner than it is an LC.

thanks guys for the suggestions. i'll try pulling the fuse out with the "butt up"
hopefully it'll work

i should have bought a 100 instead of the GX as i really wanted to do some real wheeling. :doh: but there seems to be no aftermarket support in the U.S

purplehazek4 said:
i should have bought a 100 instead of the GX as i really wanted to do some real wheeling. :doh: but there seems to be no aftermarket support in the U.S
Could you revert the rear suspension back to the standard 4Runner? There is a lot more aftermarket support for the 4Runner than there is for our 100s.

dont panic purplehasek4, you have a GREAT ride!!
Can't revert the air suspension- it uses different perches. You would have the same issue w/ a LX470 rear susp. anyway.
The GX is relatively new but you can get it moderately built up and do plenty of wheeling- at least as much as a new vehicle owner would want.
Loose the running boards, Call ken hanna for some sliders, lift it, add 32's or 33's and you are solid. You can even add a ARB rr locker if you want. (front ARB coming soon)

Visit toyota120.com for this specific platform. It's slowly growing as are the mods for the GX- it all depends on how much modding you want to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom