Powertrain value - 1994 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I didn't turn up very much searching this forum, but I'm gonna sell the engine, auto trans and transfer case from my 1994 FJ80.

Engine runs good and carries excellent oil pressure. Gonna check compression tomorrow before we finish gutting everything.

But how be would the best way to sell it? I figure facebook marketplace, as I'm not much of a Craigslist guy. And one or two of the buy/sell groups there.

Obviously, I would prefer to sell all as a package, but do any of the pieces have more value together?

Like, would the transmission be harder to sell if the engine is already sold?

Or just price all 3 individually, and maybe discount the 2 or 3pc package?

Vehicle has 225k is.

Low and high idle pressures.

Screenshot_20230526_181022_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230526_181058_Gallery.jpg

How much of the harness is typically included, and what about the computer? I haven't come across it yet, must be deeper in the dash somewhere. Should that be included, or would that be considered "extra"?

Thanks

20230525_133525.jpg

20230525_181622.jpg

The engine harness usually stays with the vehicle if you are planning to put it back on the road with a different engine. It unplugs from the ECM behind the glovebox.

Personally, I would consider it a running core at 225K miles regardless of what oil pressure or compression test say. And just from your pictures, it looks pretty crusty and terrible. If I were looking for a core to build from I'd try to pick one with less rust to start with, but that's just me.

the complete engine with harness its like a grand. only works with 93-94 where as the 95-97 works in any year and brings a little more.

Trans is basically worthless. they never die so nobody ever needs them.

tcase you can get 350~400 for.

the ECU is about 200. the VFM is worth at least 250. thats where you are going to get easy money and quick. the early 93 had a known ECU problem so the only way to fix it is a 93.5 or 94 ECU. the VFM people pull the screws out and mess them up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom