Powersteering options for 70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

876 Cruisers

KZJ70/FZJ70/HJ47/FJ80
Threads
Good day all,

I'm trying to figure out something with the power steering boxs for the 70 series LC

When I bought a 1990 PZJ70 it came with a powersteering box that had a forward facing pitman arm.

I currently have a rear facing pitman arm ps box on it currently.

Does anyone know why it came with 2 different options?

Thanks
Dan

I'm not sure . When I look at the diagram it shows me a forward facing pitman arm

Or I know the "prado" 70s use a forward facing pitman arm steering box. I'm wondering if something happened and they tried fixing it with one of

The HZJ60 Series had a rear facing pitman arm , maybe they fitted a 60 series front axle,

Hello,

x2.

Someone went creative with your steering box.

Juan

Wasnt a 60 series box though as I have a 60 box laying around and they look different. It definitely looks like a 70 series box. I'm thinking maybe a 70 series prado box

Yes. That's the steering box I took off. A forward facing arm

Rhd for sure.

The correct mounting holes in the frame will be sleeved.

DSC00969.jpg

Photo credit to @Shes Mad

The ps box was bolted in the correct holes. With the correct shaft and all. The only thing I had to do was change the ps box to the rear facing pitman arm box. Looks the same and all just was a forward facing pitman arm. So I thought maybe some of the HD 70s came that way but I'm gonna assume someone swapped it to a LD 70 ps box.

Wow, I'm surprised that even worked. I would've thought the spring shackle to be in the way. Any chance you have a picture of the old set-up?

Edit: found pic of stock set-up...

100_1809.jpg

Last edited:
I dont have a picture actually. And when I bought the van it wasnt even driving. No engine was in it. No front differential. I dont even think there was a drag link on it. So maybe they were In the process of fixing it up or someone swapped out the old box for the box that came on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom