Powerloss? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello my name is Josh. I have a 94 that I use for work with 200,000 miles. It seems to occur more when I'm pulling a trailor. Cruising down the road and suddenly nothing when pushing on the pedal. It sorta sputters, trying to go. IT IDLES FINE THOUGH I've had to pull over a couple times and sit, put it in drive a couple times till it starts to go again. I have replaced the fuel pump and filter recently. It actually was the wiring for the fuel pump that burned up. Vac. lines look fine Any ideas would be great.

thanks, I'll check that I did find in the air flow sensor 2 points that are no longer soldered on the board. The touch but are not fixed on the board

Research two speeds on the fuel pump of open loop VS closed loop. I don't fully understand it, but it could be the issue due to burned harness / switches.

I think bilt4me is referring to fuel pump relay on inside of drivers fenders by cowl. It operates at 12v during startup and WOT (open loop) and 6v at idle and cruise (closed loop)

Hard problem to identify but the two lose leads on the logic board seem like a decent place to start and eliminate possibilities. They may be breakin ground or contact then re connecting.

My similar issue was the throttle position wiring once. But it was a bad connection at a non OEM extension.

The main harness does pass by and touch egr pipe. Worth wiggling around nd seeing if you can replicate the issue. The typ wire to burn is injector related but could be any

Best of luck

I've had two instances where I've lost power.

Once after fording through deep flood waters and it turned out to be a waterlogged O2 sensor plug.

After blowing it out and filling with dielectric grease, it never happened again.

The other time while on the highway during normal conditions.

Turned out to be a clogged cat (fixed it with a hammer and a big screwy driver)

In both cases, it idled just fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom