Power windows in a 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NCFJ

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I have a customer that wants power windows in a 60.
I know that you love your manual windows and that is part of the charm of a 60, don't want to hear about it. I've already read threads with these replies.

Has anyone done this using aftermarket actuators, actuators and regulators?

Has anyone done this using 62 actuators and regulators?

I'd wager its as easy as changing the regulators out of the 60 for those of the 62 and laying in the harness and switches.

I love my power windows. I think it would be a nice mod. Being able to control all of the windows as a driver is clutch in my opinion.

Yup. I bought a set from a 62 and had them put into my 60. Remember, you'll want new door cards too. Mudrack did my swap. I did the electric windows, locks, and mirrors. No regrets and my wife likes it much better.

I've used 60 door cards in a 62. You have to reposition the switches slightly but they are still comfortable and easy to reach. You'd never notice it unless you had doors side by side to compare.

FWIW, I know it's not what you asked, but I reverse engineered my 62 to 60 manual windows, 100% plug n play match. Took some sourcing to find matching fabric 60 panels....or if you want to recover/upholster the existing door cards you can patch the hole for the window crank and cut a new hole for the power switch. Everything else matches. Seems like trying to match aftermarket bits would be a huge pita.

62 regulators and all should bolt right in to a 60 door given the opposite works, no problem. Don't recall if they are in any protrusions, etc that would be in the way, easily modifiable if so I would think.
I could post some side by side pics of the different regulators etc if you need them.

I need a replacement front passenger door and was looking into this compatibility awhile back, never found a definitive answer.

I used a universal kit and found it to be much more powerful than the oem 62 stuff. UNIVERSAL ELECTRIC WINDOWS 4 DOOR. I also used SEM bluebird brown to paint the switch enclosures to match the brown interior. I have to say it works very well, switches are also backlit green.

I used a universal kit and found it to be much more powerful than the oem 62 stuff. UNIVERSAL ELECTRIC WINDOWS 4 DOOR. I also used SEM bluebird brown to paint the switch enclosures to match the brown interior. I have to say it works very well, switches are also backlit green.

Thank you
Your link links back to this thread. I would love to see what you used.

Thanks
Stan

if he wants to keep the original window cranks and convert them to power window cranks:

What my interior guy suggested for me:

@sschruff is back!

Love the avatar, btw !

Stan I have installed aftermarket ones back years ago when i worked at a car audio shop they just slid over the winow crank part and a cap whent over th hole i am sure it can be done with 62 parts also with aftermarket switches and some relays

Thanks for all the replies guys. A guy PMed me with a full set of 62 actuators and regulators that will bolt right in. I'll be building a complete new harness with relays and new switches to avoid the classic 62 series burnt switches because all the power runs through the switches. The truck is also getting all new custom door panels so nothing to cover up and new switches will be incorporated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom