Power Window motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FYI the driver's door with the lower price at autozone is discontenued. Tried to order one today. Ended up with a MR T one from cruiserparts for $100

Did the new motor make a difference? It's gettin' cold in CO and my window is getting awfully s l o w...
Chris

Won't get it until tomorrow.

When mine died, I found one from a 4runner in a junk yard, but it was clocked backwards, so I pulled the guts of the motor and put them in the case of mine, works great. If you do find a 4runner, buy the opposite door from yours and it might just bolt in. Might, might not. The windings and motor casings are all exactly the same, only the gear housing is clocked and turned different on different models. Take the old one with you to look at if you do go to a junkyard. I don't know if the plastic gears are similar or not, but I would think they would be.

I don't know if you guys have experienced this, but what I've been dealing with is when rolling up the window it "dies under a load"

If I grab the top of the window and help it up (read: pull up on the glass), it'll make it all the way. But if I try rolling it up on it's own, it dies 1/2 to 2/3 the way up.

Is it a thermal shut down of the motor or the driver's master switch? The DS front window is the only one exhibiting these symptoms.

Thoughts?

Window Motor

I bought a drivers side motor from Autozone this past Sunday. They had it in stock with a lifetime warranty. It was around $60. I also bought a passenger side regulator. It was around $60 and it came in the next day. Just thought I would share my recent experience.

FYI the supposed toyota window motor I bought from cruiserparts ended up being both clocked wrong and the wrong harness. They are little to no help as well. I do not recommend them. I had to rewire and get rid of one of the speaker mounting tabs to mount it. I didn't have time to wait another couple weeks to get the right one.

On the plus side, my driver's window is now about 50% faster then the rest of them. LOL

EDIT: cruiserparts said they'd refund $20 to my card, so it may work out OK.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom