Power window motor lubrication (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My power window motors are starting to get a little slow and laboring when rolling up the windows. Can these be lubricated, or is there an adjustment that can be made. Or are they just dying?

My power window motors are starting to get a little slow and laboring when rolling up the windows. Can these be lubricated, or is there an adjustment that can be made. Or are they just dying?

It's usually the rubber tracks wearing out that causes slow windows, not the motors. Lube them for temporary relief; replace them for a permanent fix.

Search a bit and you'll see this has come up often. There's a replacement write-up in one of the threads, and maybe even in the FAQ.

Curtis

I just replaced the passenger side front seal. The old seal was stiff and oxidized, and the new one much softer. Anyhow this solved the problem. I had tried all kinds of different lubes, none of which worked for more than a short time.

How much are the seals?

x2.

When mine were slow I lubricated the vertical track of the rubber seals and cleaned the contacts on the switch.

Takes about an hour and could save you some bucks:grinpimp:

The front door seals (68141-60010 for RH and 68151-60010 for LH) are $58.21 from http://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/. I just ordered them for both front doors, and will be putting them in soon to resolve the same problem.

My front driver's window goes down perfectly fine but gets stuck at the bottom. I pulled the panel and the only way to get it to start moving back up is to give it a friendly little starter push up. Once on its journey up, its slow but closes properly. I tried cleaning the seal as best as I could but sometimes it still sticks. Any recommended lube to use?

My front driver's window goes down perfectly fine but gets stuck at the bottom. I pulled the panel and the only way to get it to start moving back up is to give it a friendly little starter push up. Once on its journey up, its slow but closes properly. I tried cleaning the seal as best as I could but sometimes it still sticks. Any recommended lube to use?

Take that sucker apart and clean it. I did this to mine and it make a big difference. My hardware was all gummed up. I pulled out the motor and all the levers/bars that move the window. Clean off the bars good and apply grease to the parts that mate/move. I bet you will notice a nice improvment on putting it all back together.

Sorry guys I just reread this thread and see I was asked the price of the seal - I paid $105 CDN and they are easy to install, just takes a few minutes, problem SOLVED.

The other day my DS window was stuck in the down position. Luckily it wasn't raining here. I basically had to clean the contacts as instructed in the beginning of this thread. This is the 3rd time I've cleaned the contacts due to carbon buildup (135k miles as of today). In the past cleaning helped significantly, but this time it has only helped the window limp along.

Has anyone installed a NEW DS armrest panel? Will this solve the problem or should I look at cleaning/replacing the window seals and such?

I replaced the weatherstrip along the inside panel and lubed the verticle tracks with Sil-Glyde. I replaced the window regulator ~70K miles ago (may be due for another).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom