Power Window Master Switch-switch housing fix-broken tabs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just want to share my fix of my master switch on the DS arm. Tabs broke off and every time I pushed a control, they sank into the armrest. The controls worked, but annoying.
Fix : I took 4-5" long piece of truck 1 inch or larger fuel injection tubing, cut it in half lengthwise, and set it into the open area underneath the electronics., belly side up.
Perfection.
BTW, that's the tubing (I can't remember exact width) that I used to replace part of my gas tank breather. For the gas tank, I covered it with stainless steel braiding and attached with stainless steel ring clamps. At least I can gas up without causing an environmental disaster :)
I don't know if anyone has done that before, so just wanted to post.
Thx!

Just want to share my fix of my master switch on the DS arm. Tabs broke off and every time I pushed a control, they sank into the armrest. The controls worked, but annoying.
Fix : I took 4-5" long piece of truck 1 inch or larger fuel injection tubing, cut it in half lengthwise, and set it into the open area underneath the electronics., belly side up.
Perfection.
BTW, that's the tubing (I can't remember exact width) that I used to replace part of my gas tank breather. For the gas tank, I covered it with stainless steel braiding and attached with stainless steel ring clamps. At least I can gas up without causing an environmental disaster :)
I don't know if anyone has done that before, so just wanted to post.
Thx!

I have one in mine. Works fine. Direct replacement.

They absolutely work fine. Last 5-6 years (for me). I keep a spare in the truck. Disposable, change one out anywhere in less than 5 minutes.

Got tired of taking the OEM apart and cleaning the contacts, putting it all back together, etc. Certainly NOT paying hundreds of dollars for a new one or buying a used one (with the same problems). The aftermarket has stepped up and saved us on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom