Power window master switch not working - can't close window (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think so. The door and window lock buttons are on opposite sides, as is the switch to window relationship.

I have thought about stripping components off a LHD unit to replace bad components on mine though... or maybe I will just buy the second-hand one I've seen.

Greg, Take an hour and pull the door panel and the lower kick panel by your left foot. Pull that rubber conduit loose between the door and the kick panel, inspect the wires. I almost guarantee you have a broken wire.

Mine started as an intermittent inoperable window. It would only work if the door was closed. Then I would start to roll down the window and open the door at the same time and would notice the window stopped. Then finally, it stopped completely. I totally shade treed it, by using butt splice connectors and extra length of 14ga wire and it's worked fine for several years now.
I know this is an old thread but this same thing happened to me. Doesn’t seem super common but when I pulled my door harness I saw one completely broken wire and two wires on their way out.

Doesn’t take more than a few hours to get the door panel off and the harness pulled through. Need to remove the speaker though.

BEB89199-1E93-45F2-B45F-FE39A0AE62FF.jpeg

AFEE953D-4FFD-45C0-9898-4E7E249C940A.jpeg

8823BF63-8FF5-459E-ABE3-6BC57BA5770C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom