Power window challenge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

86aggie

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm trying to isolate the issue of the passenger side windows and rear driver window not working via switches.

1. Front driver works with no issue.
2. Rear driver works with jumper wires, and intermittently with switch(driver panel or door)
3. Front passenger does not work with either switch
4. Rear Passenger does not work with either switch or jumper. Works with direct power from battery. Measures 12v+ at switch connector plug, but doesnt work with jumper to motor.

I'm thinking it could be:
1. Fusible link
2. Relay in driver door
3. Bad Ground

Any suggestions, besides the rewire the entire power setup with new relays?

do you have access to the body and chassis manual? All the power for the windows goes through a 30A circuit breaker. If any of the windows is working the problem is not with power supply. (Not the fusible link)

Power is fed to the main switch (drivers door) and from there distributed out to each of the other window switches and motors. The grounds from the other windows all come back into the main switch and then through the window lock switch to ground. I can't tell how the drivers window is grounded from the wiring diagram. (probably not a ground issue--but is your window lock switch in the lock position?)

I have attached the pages from the manual for testing the switches and motors. Good luck

For better help, maybe you could explain what you are doing with the jumper.

Note: I'm a little confused whether the documentation is for a LHD or RHD vehicle. The master switch continuity diagram seems to be LHD. But the wiring diagram and the location of switches & relay diagrams (not shown) indicate RHD. I don't have power windows so I'm assuming the relay would be in the drivers door.

1627936245241.png

Attachments

• Power Window BE.pdf
    410.5 KB · Views: 42
Id check all the connectors for corrosion, in the doors and the ones just inside the cab from the doors. See if you have continuity between all the wires from the drivers door switch to each door. Drivers door switch to front passenger kick panel connector, If all good go from the Drivers door switch to the next connector in the door. Keep working this way until you find broken wires. If you come up empty test the switches. I got some stock switches that i know work. Free to those in need, shoot me a pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom