Power Tank Mounting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today I spent a couple hours fabbing up a mount for my power tank. I sometimes camp in the back so I wanted to keep the floor open. I don't plan to use the 3rd row seats so I was able to start with the right side seat mount. I welded a plate and support bar to it for a little added strength. Now the tank is securely attached and no longer sliding around on the floor.

It's about time somebody figured out how to make something useful out of those things :G EXCELENT IDEA.

It's about time somebody figured out how to make something useful out of those things :G EXCELENT IDEA.

The other side seat mount is going to become the second leg of a vertical spare tire mount.

Still trying to figure out something to do with the 3rd row seat belts. I just hate to toss good parts!

That is so packed!

18547765.jpg

John,
Any way you could be convinced to post up some detailed pics of the FE brackets, including how the lower part of the mount is attached to the vehicle?

Do you remember where you bought the brackets?
-B-

Chris, I meant to ask earlier, Did you powder coat the finished product or rattle it? Also, would you consider making more if folks were to send you their seat brackets?

Dan

That is so packed!

18547765.jpg

Na....that just the stuff thats always in there, I can stuff WAY more stuff in when camping, 2 action packers sit on top the black box(which is filled with parts/fluids/ect) another 2-3 packers fit in where the one is sitting. Box on the right is all tools. there is a 5 gal water can on the right side(open side window and insert pump) tons more stuff stashed away here and there. Most everything is bolted down and the cargo barrier keeps the rest from hitting me in the head(it might help)

it weights 7000+ the way it sits.

John H

Wow, gear after my own heart! I thought I carried a lot of stuff with me!

Couple of questions:

1. How do you like your hood blackout? &nbsp:Did you do it yourself or have it painted at a shop?

2. Where is the false roof mounted to the body?

Thanks! Great Looking rig. You should post a couple of your pics in the "Fording Depth" Thread!

-H-

Wow, gear after my own heart!  I thought I carried a lot of stuff with me!

LOL....I'm a packrat. My others Cruisers just have the basics in them, I'm trying the barebones apoach. Thing I miss the most when driving one of the other rigs......my fridge(its a PITA to get out of the 80, so it stays there) need to get a small ARB, missed a new one(had a dent) for $300 a few months ago...same guy had the REALLY big one for $400..but its too big for me.

Couple of questions:

1.  How do you like your hood blackout?  

just fine, I did it when I had rack lights(Hella 4000's) those are gone as are the Light Force 240's I had up there for a bit, it did really help with the reflection.

Did you do it yourself or have it painted at a shop?

Had it done, there is a body shop next to my work, he did it for $75....I could have rattle caned it butt for $75..well it came out better I'm sure

2.  Where is the false roof mounted to the body?

to the rear grab handle captive nuts.

Thanks!  Great Looking rig.  You should post a couple of your pics in the "Fording Depth" Thread!

I will do that, it's been up to the mirrors before..bout 100 yards or so, at one point it dipped down and water came in the window. I think that was before I had a snorkle......I try to stay out of that crap anymore(mud as well)

John H

-H-

Chris, I meant to ask earlier, Did you powder coat the finished product or rattle it? Also, would you consider making more if folks were to send you their seat brackets?

Dan

I just rattle caned it with the idea that if I liked it I could powder coat it in a few months. My working arrangements here give me full access to the shop only for working on my personal rig. I can't use the shop tools for anything other than working on my truck. At this time I am simply unable as I don't have a welder at home, however I am happy to provide information/photos as needed to help others create their own.

Chicken...... :G

Oh well, it was worth asking about.  :tear:

Um,........What if yours "broke" and you had to re-do it? :dunno:

Well I guess if it was stolen, i'd have to make a new one. What are the chances a theif would leave a stock bracket behind?

Chris I like the idea and it looks good but don't the tanks have to be in a upright positon to work?

Theoretically you don't want the liquid C02 coming out the valve and into the line. So running it inverted would be a bad thing. With the outlet facing up and the bottle laying down it's up high enough that the CO2 turns to vapor before getting into the line. Actually it works very well like this. I can reach all four tires without removing the tank. With the tank on it's side I can reach in turn the valve on and off easily.

Could you modify the bracket a little to mount it at a slight angle to prevent any liquid CO2 getting into the lines?

Yes it would be easy to make it at an angle by welding in a spacer, but it actually works very well as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom