Power surge after 3k rpm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been noticing that there is a little power surge, not like vtech, but noticeable intake sound or vacuum at around 3k rpm’s. Does anyone know what this is? Power is a little more noticeable when it goes off.

I’ve been noticing that there is a little power surge, not like vtech, but noticeable intake sound or vacuum at around 3k rpm’s. Does anyone know what this is? Power is a little more noticeable when it goes off.
That’s where the power band starts

“Power band” just doesn’t kick in with an intake or vacuum noise. I’ve been into these rigs for quite sometime and I never noticed this 3k effect with any other previous rigs. It’s a 1994 with the air pump thinamabob on the filter canister. Is that it?

“Power band” just doesn’t kick in with an intake or vacuum noise. I’ve been into these rigs for quite sometime and I never noticed this 3k effect with any other previous rigs. It’s a 1994 with the air pump thinamabob on the filter canister. Is that it?
Check your O2 sensors. I had one that the nuts rusted off and it would move in and out of the hole based on throttle position.

Otherwise check intake hose and exhaust gaskets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom