power steering with v8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im doing power steering, saginaw box. and it looks like the engine mounts are smack dab in the way. i have the engine mounts that are off the front of the block. anyone have these mounts and power steering? please post pics. any help appreciated. :cheers:

nice work there hawk. caal you the mad poster. keep on truckin. where did you pick up your steering components?

Cam ... can you post some pics of what's going on with your mounts?

Had a truck in the shop with a set up similar to what Hawk posted up...but they did not keep the Toyota mounts on the frame, like what appears to be going on in his pics, but installed new ones, that ended up right in the way of the saginaw conversion. I cut them off, and installed new mounts on the sides of the block.

No biggie.

Good luck!

-Steve

Here is some pics of mine. Had to mount it a little lower and the "stock" air pump location. Had to drill a hole in the plate that is the engine mount to fit the tension adjuster. The last one is kinda a pic of the engine mount.

Last edited:
Sorry two of the same in the other: Here's two more:

Last edited:
i looked at it last night and im thinkin i need mounts that sit on the side of the block. i did forget to take pics and im going campin tonigh so itll be monday before i can ge some. poser you know any good motor mount makers

That is the "OLD" Downey mount, 1960/80 era. Saginaw conversions or astro will not work. mount is always in the way. Best engine mount I have seen Is the over the frame, stock chev motor mount . I think they are made by bob firestone. Do a search and they will come up. I had the downey, then change to the weld in AA. Wish I had the Firestones. (mount, not tires).

fussy_cruiser said:
Sorry two of the same in the other: Here's two more:

Fussy ... that fan "extension" looks a bit like a time bomb with a lit fuse.

Yea, kinda cool huh? PO put 100,000 miles on this with that fan that way. Have a taurus fan in the garage pile of parts just need to get it in. These firestone mounts are the best?

how do i find this firestone, ive search with no luck anyone got a link?

I am currently doing the same conversion. Had the downey front saddle mount and it blocks steering pump mounts. Just bought the Bob Firestine mounts. Nice but pricey. Also they lower the engine compared to the saddle mount. Contact me off board for more info:
Brad
honchocho@yahoo.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom