Power Steering / Winch Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for advice on power steering systems. Mini truck VS. Saginaw??
I am also looking to build a new front bumper with winch mount built in SOON, and do not want to have to cut it apart later to mount power steering.... Does this sound realistic?????

IDEA's ?????

Thanks, Mike

Mike FJ40 said:
Mike, Did you start with mini truck PS?????
Nope, started with Saginaw then just recently added hydro-assist, mainly to ease a death wobble issue. It's really cool being able to steering the front locker on tho :D

Should I buy a kit? or just put together some parts off other things. I have an extra gear box off a chevy pickup(87). Certain years or models????? Should I buy brackets from Someone or Anyone???

Thank you for the advice,
Mike

Both my son Derrick and I run 35" mtr's, mini truck boxes, I have a chevy pickup pump, he has a volvo pump. They work well. I have been giving some thought to havin my box ported for hydro assist. But that is because of some of the big rocks I play on. The saginaw, as per friends that were running it also has trouble with a frunt locker in the big rocks. One friend went full hydralic. I drove his rig round the hood. Humm, I would like to get it up to 65mph, shure seems twichy. It would be da boom in the rocks tho. I have drove a hydo assist afore, not Mike's, seemd like there was a delay from wheel input to responce from the truck???
Either setup woorks well, If you want to moove yer frunt forward, by flippin the sprigs, in the future I would do sag....
All fer now, Don P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom