Power steering Resevior? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took my power steering resevior off today because it seemed it was leaking where it goes into the pump. Under examination I found that the O-ring on the resevior was cracked and worn. (I just put a new pump on the truck but reused the old resevior.) I know that was my problem but I have a question about the tube that the O-ring goes on. On mine it looks oval shaped and I was wondering if that was normal? Or is it supposed to be perfectly round?

If anyone has any pics of their reseviors that would be great. If need be I can snap some pics of mine too.

Thanks
-Brian

I just ordered a rebuild kit from Cruiser Dan. I should have it by this weekend. I will be tearing into mine this weekend and let you know. PM me if I forget ot just PM Cruiser Dan.

Awesome, Good luck with the rebuild.:cheers:

Same problem here. Let us know how the rebuild/reseal works out.

Sorry for the delay guys. My OEM Toyota pump rebild kit and other parts came in but I have been traveling on business. I was able to work on the pump last night.

Both of my resevior have oval shaped holes where it mates to the pump housing. Looks factory to me.

It is a pretty straight forward thing to rebuild. I would recomend a vice and a large pare of channel locks.

The six "O" rings go on the bolts. Two large "O" rings go on either side of the pump ends. Make sure you put the swash plates in first before the "O" rings.

I rebuild the entire thing, once on the bench, in about 30 minutes, that included the cleaning time.
When you pull the pump piston watch out for the 24 little springs. They do not really go "flying" on the disassembly. They wait and do that on the re-assembly.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom