power steering pump/wide pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there all, map101. Looking to convert my 1977 FJ40 to power steering. lucky to find both a mini-truck gearbox and now an FJ40 gearbox. My question is what landcruiser power steering pumps had the wide belt pulleys. I can build a bracket to adapt and bolt onto block but I was wondering for how may years and what models of landcruisers did toyota continue to use there wide belt on their pumps. thanks for your help.

My question is what landcruiser power steering pumps had the wide belt pulleys. I can build a bracket to adapt and bolt onto block but I was wondering for how may years and what models of landcruisers did toyota continue to use there wide belt on their pumps. thanks for your help.

1979-1988

40/55/60/62 series in the USA all used the wide pulley on the power steering pump.

:beer:

Wait a minute-

You said you found an FJ40 POWER STEERING box? I don't believe you need to fab a bracket for it, it should bolt right up,

OR,

You could sell it to me! Where did you find it, anyway? I've been looking for one of those rascals...

Wait a minute-

You said you found an FJ40 POWER STEERING box? I don't believe you need to fab a bracket for it, it should bolt right up,

OR,

You could sell it to me! Where did you find it, anyway? I've been looking for one of those rascals...

Check cruiserparts.net, they have boxes sometimes. Or ebay thats where I got mine, saw a complete setup with pump about a month ago on ebay go for around $450. Or you could get a power steering box housing from Toyota (still available) and swap in the guts from a mini truck box. And on a 77 it is a direct bolt on just have to shorten the shaft to the steering wheel about an inch.

Kevin

Wait a minute-

Pretty sure he was talking about fabricating a bracket to make the pump work on the engine block....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom