Power Steering Pump Replacement for 1993 1-HDJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Republic of Panama, Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Hello All,

I am hoping for some help ordering parts for a steering pump replacement for a '93 Cruiser with a 1-HDJ diesel.

I am in Canada and have to order parts internationally.

I am ideally looking for genuine toyota parts including a new pump (not rebuilt) that I can get all in one place for shipping purposes.

I think the pump part is 44320-60171

What else should I be replacing with the pump in terms of seals and hoses etc?

Thank you for reading.

Just did this. Local Toyota had everything needed for this. Gear swap was simple. Need o-ring and banjo hose gaskets. All the hoses were fine so they weren’t changed. I’m curious how bad it is with the injector pump in the way 🤔

Just did this. Local Toyota had everything needed for this. Gear swap was simple. Need o-ring and banjo hose gaskets. All the hoses were fine so they weren’t changed. I’m curious how bad it is with the injector pump in the way 🤔
I wouldn’t want to find out…

Diesel 1HD-T (three currently in the shop)

IMG_4903.jpeg

IMG_4976.jpeg

Would you happen to have part numbers for the pump, hoses, gaskets, or ring or anything else you needed for the job? My local dealer conversation comes to a halt as soon as I give them a non conforming VIN number from Panama.

Would you happen to have part numbers for the pump, hoses, gaskets, or ring or anything else you needed for the job? My local dealer conversation comes to a halt as soon as I give them a non conforming VIN number from Panama.
I’ll check it when I get back.

Many thanks,

I think my leaking hoses caused the pump to go. It's been leaking badly for years. I have already replaced the fluid reservoir. It looks lie the same setup for 90-97. I have a 93. I really appreciate the effort.

I have tried Japan 4x4 a few times and have not received a response. My dealer says nothing is available.
Does anyone have any leads for part numbers for a power steering pump, hoses and other bits needed for the job? Or a good suppler that will ship to Canada?
Many thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
I had mine rebuilt a few months ago along with my steering box. Partsouq has everything. Pump is pretty easy to get out and send for rebuild if you want to go that way.

Who did the rebuild? Interested.... Approx cost? Thanks
Jason at cruisinoffroad did both rebuilds for me. Wasn't cheap - I would contact him for a quote. No complaints with the work whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom