Power Steering Pump Pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where I can locate one? Or are they hard to find because I should just replace the whole pump? No issues with power steering, but the pulley has started to wobble and squeak.

Unlikely its a pulley issue. More likely the bearings in the pump.

looks like the PN is 44311-60090. but as mentioned, unlikely its the pulley..its just a splined pulley there are no wearable parts. more likely the bearing in the pump. a new pump does not come with a new pulley btw. take the nut off the pulley and slide it off, see if you can wiggle the shaft with your hand..would take all of 2 minutes.

looks like the PN is 44311-60090. but as mentioned, unlikely its the pulley..its just a splined pulley there are no wearable parts. more likely the bearing in the pump. a new pump does not come with a new pulley btw. take the nut off the pulley and slide it off, see if you can wiggle the shaft with your hand..would take all of 2 minutes.
Ah I see, well mine doesn't have a nut, you have to use a special tool to get it off. That being said, if it wiggles, then as you said it has t be bearings. I guess I need a new pump.

I can grab the pulley and wiggle it.
Yeah but the bearing is inside the pump so it's a pump issue.
>Here for 02 LC
1678731450250.png

Any recommendation on brand or just OEM?
I'm a sucker for OEM when it comes to this vehicle but I know they are kind of expensive. It's just a matter of opinion and how long your trying to hold on to the vehicle for.

Rock auto has cheapy options but remember every time you add an aftermarket part a little piece of your land cruiser dies on the inside =[

>2002 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 4.7L V8 Power Steering Pump | RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,2002,land+cruiser,4.7l+v8,1388831,steering,power+steering+pump,7380

I used an Autozone pump and it still keeps up with the other Land Cruisers ;).

im going to circle back to the comment about not having a nut holding your pulley on. there is most definitely a nut on the end of the pulley shaft, you can see it in the drawing. if yours in missing, thats probably the issue.. unless someone can chime in and say that there is a different model pump out there that uses a pressed on pulley with no nut.

im going to circle back to the comment about not having a nut holding your pulley on. there is most definitely a nut on the end of the pulley shaft, you can see it in the drawing. if yours in missing, thats probably the issue.. unless someone can chime in and say that there is a different model pump out there that uses a pressed on pulley with no nut.
Here is a pic. I believe I am supposed to insert a tool to remove?

tempImagemQAVkd.png

What year is your truck?

ill slunk back into the shadows, sorry i was not aware the pump changed for the newer models. looks like you have your answer! new pump time.

Can confirm the change, I just had the pump replaced on my 99 and it came with no pulley, had to reuse my OE one.
I think we are talking about two different things?

OP has a pulley permanently fixed to the pumps vane shaft. On our vehicles (I also have a 99) we have an older version with a removable pulley which IMO is preferable, but I wonder if Mr. T was going for less parts.

I think we are talking about two different things?

OP has a pulley permanently fixed to the pumps vane shaft. On our vehicles (I also have a 99) we have an older version with a removable pulley which IMO is preferable, but I wonder if Mr. T was going for less parts.
Perhaps then I misunderstood- I was just reaffirming the fact that the older ones did have a removable pulley, so as to try and reduce the confusion OP had. But if my reaffirmation isn't needed, I can remove my input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom