Power steering pump high pressure line on an FJ60. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After several days, I've managed to mostly replace my power steering pump. But it keeps leaking from the connection between the high pressure line and the pump.

So... How is this thing supposed to be attached? Well, more accurately, what keeps it from leaking? Is there supposed to be an o ring or something like that? The end of the line has a shape different from a circle, so does this mean that it has to be put in there with a certain orientation in order for it to create a seal?

Thanks in advance.

the pump to hose connection has a little brass fitting, like the old rigid faucet supplies had.
goes between the pump and the hose.
i know...read my post regarding my PS nightmare. I noticed the fitting right away, otherwise, i would have missed it. you might have crushed one that was eith er in the pump, or your without one.
hammer

Ok, that all makes sense. I'm guessing I didn't crush one in the pump since I looked in the hole in the new one and don't remember seeing anything like that. And there wasn't one on the hose when I took it off, so it's probably still in the old pump that I took back to get my core refund. Let's hope NAPA can figure out which one I need.

That worked out easily enough. I disconnected the hose and took a look inside, and there was the brass fitting, only it was sideways. So I flipped it around, put a little teflon tape on the threads just to be on the safe side, and put it all back together again. As far as I can tell, that takes care of all the power steering leaks.

After going back through some of your other posts about psp's, it must be fairly common for rebuilt pumps to be shipped with a bolt for holding on the reservoir that's too short. I had the same problem with mine.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom