Power Steering Pump Adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m not sure if this was posted already because I didn’t really know what to search, but my power steering pump has a bit of a tilt to it. Also, the belt sways side to side a little lately making it cause some noise, could the power steering pump being tilted be the cause of this? If I loosen the bolt behind the pulley on the power steering pump, can I just pull it until it’s straight and then tighten the bolt back up so it’s no longer tilted? I appreciate all the help I can get.
578014A4-5098-4AB6-A976-383D151A1B74.jpeg
90B81754-605F-49E1-B1B1-870533E6837A.jpeg

You can’t really tell from the picture, but the pump is rubbing against the hose behind it causing some abrasion, so I know it can’t be sitting right

Not an issue.
The PS pump sets the belt tension for the large outer belt. There is an idler pulley that can be adjusted if this really bothers you. There is no issue with the current angle, assuming you have the correct size belt to begin with.
There is a large foam pad to prevent chafing of the reservoir on the air hose in question. Move the pad into the correct spot.

Last edited:
Not an issue.
The PS pump sets the belt tension for the large outer belt. There is an idler pulley that can be adjusted if this really bothers you. There is no issue with the current angle, assuming you have the correct size belt to begin with.
There is a large foam pad to prevent chafing of the reservoir on the air hose in question. Move the pad into the correct spot.
Can you link me to somewhere about adjusting the idler pulley too? Thanks for the tips

Can you link me to somewhere about adjusting the idler pulley too? Thanks for the tips
I forget if that is accessed from above or below.
In any case, loosen the center idler pulley bolt 1/4 turn, adjust the adjuster, tighten the center bolt.
If you're getting into this, I would suggest replacing belts if you're unsure of the age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom