Power Steering Pressure Tube Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I have a pretty big leak coming from the top of my power steering pressure tube from almost where it enters the reservoir. Would I need to replace the whole line or can parts of it be removed/replaced? It's been tricky trying to find info on this part.

InkedPSPT_LI.jpg

The fluid is leaking from around where the rubber cover (under the foam) meets the exposed braided tube (which I'm assuming is normally covered as well, mine looks damaged). It's essentially seeping out at a fairly consistent rate.

Thanks!

Whole line and its a PITA. LAPS part will be an aluminum tube instead of OEM steel. Fit is decent.

You have to gain about 6" of clearance under the radiator support mount. This means either removing it or unfastening all the body mounts to jack the front of the body off the frame.

Ah bummer, any temp fix? (aside from driving w/o power steering or refilling frequently)

Could you clarify what LAPS means? is that a specific brand or are you referring to just any aftermarket part?

Thanks!

Whole line and its a PITA. LAPS part will be an aluminum tube instead of OEM steel. Fit is decent.

You have to gain about 6" of clearance under the radiator support mount. This means either removing it or unfastening all the body mounts to jack the front of the body off the frame.

Ah bummer, any temp fix? (aside from driving w/o power steering or refilling frequently)

Could you clarify what LAPS means? is that a specific brand or are you referring to just any aftermarket part?

Thanks!

Ah wait. Local Auto Parts Store (duh) I that makes sense

I think 60works is talking about replacing all the hoses and pipes, with the hardest part being the pipe (called "cooler") that runs under the radiator. But the pressure hose that seems to be leaking on the OPs truck is position 44411 in diagram below. This runs from the pump down to the steering gear box and should be fairly easy to replace. The part is NLA from toyota, I found them on rock auto, so your LAPS should be able to get something.

1602186692095.png

a semi permanent fix would be to get a hose made with correct fittings and route it where ever you can from pump to steering box.
run it down around close to the original location and abandon the original use tie wraps to hold in place

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom