power steering pressure line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know if there is enough clearance to remove the two frontmost clamp bolts
for the pressure line on an FJ62 without removing the radiator support pieces? I've got the
radiator out right now (for other reasons) and have a replacement for my pretty rusted
line which I'd like to install, but don't really want to remove the chassis
pieces.

Thanks,
Bill

you can on a 60, I assume it is the same for a 62

Thanks for the reply David. I don't have a 60 but I assume they have the pump mounted on the DS like the 40s. The 62s are on the PS and they hae a long high pressue line that runs over the front crossmember under the front radiator supports and is bolted down. I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to undo those bolt and replace the tube w/o disassembling the front end completely.

Bill McCabe

The 60 has the same sort of long hard line as a cooler system, it just goes the oppisit direction. I assume if you can remove the one you could remove the other.

dd113 said:
The 60 has the same sort of long hard line as a cooler system, it just goes the oppisit direction. I assume if you can remove the one you could remove the other.

Thanks, you're probably right, but I'm going to skip it. I can get an open end on the bolts but they're frozen and will just round off, even after soaking in PB Blaster. The line's very rusty but not yet leaking so I'll just coat it with used 90W and leave it. I've got to get this back together and on the road ASAP.

BTW, after installing your cable kit, I'm seeing much better performance in my charging system. To anyone who's listening: do yourself a huge favor and buy the Urban Land Cruisers Battery Cable kit.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom