Power steering mystery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have noticed that it still steers easily on gentle curves, changing direction by 15 - 30 degrees our so. It is hard to make sharp turns, like a 90+ degree turn. I should be able to do some troubleshooting this week or weekend. Thank you all for your ideas! If anyone else has ideas, keep them coming!

Return hose should never "blow", crack, age, leak, etc, yes, blow, no. The return is precisely that, return, free flowing, have very little pressure. If yours is building enough pressure to blow a hose, something is wrong, blockage, etc.

I agree, it should never blow with normal conditions. I took the hose off of the reservoir, and the one off of the gearbox, and blew air through the cooler. It did not seem like there was a restriction so I put them back on and refilled the system. Everything seems to be working fine again. I am not satisfied with this answer, so I will keep looking into it as time and funds are available.

I have noticed that it still steers easily on gentle curves, changing direction by 15 - 30 degrees our so. It is hard to make sharp turns, like a 90+ degree turn. I should be able to do some troubleshooting this week or weekend. Thank you all for your ideas! If anyone else has ideas, keep them coming!

Sounds like blockage somewhere for the blown lines. Maybe a line coming apart inside. If you steering is easy on soft turns, that's normal for manual steering.... Which is what you have if the pump is bad. The box is probably fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom