Power steering long tube rusted - will it go in/out in one piece ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Power steering dumped its fluid and the leak is the hard tube loop rusty under the radiator. Can it be removed and replaced with a new one in one piece. Tried at the end of today to get it out without success yet.

Whats the secret ye experienced ones please ?

I'd probably do away with the loop and just run a small cooler near the radiator.

I've only removed them when tearing a rig down and have the radiator core support out.

Power steering dumped its fluid and the leak is the hard tube loop rusty under the radiator. Can it be removed and replaced with a new one in one piece. Tried at the end of today to get it out without success yet.

Whats the secret ye experienced ones please ?
I have an almost new OEM paperclip for $100 if you want. It is a pain to get out without removing the radiator.

If you are determined to do it with the rad in, you could probably pull the fan & shroud and remove the front grill and valence and maybe you could wiggle it out.

If you are determined to do it with the rad in, you could probably pull the fan & shroud and remove the front grill and valence and maybe you could wiggle it out.

It is easy to get the old one out if you cut it up, but you probably don't want to bend a new one that much.

Thanks folks, will take the rad out at the weekend. And thanks for the paperclip offer @Danger Cruiser but I'm the UK so postage costs and time leads me to try making one up from the bit of right size pipe I have laying around. Always a great community here.

This happened to me once. I eliminated the paperclip (left it installed, just disconnected) and installed a larger cooler.

Thanks folks, will take the rad out at the weekend. And thanks for the paperclip offer @Danger Cruiser but I'm the UK so postage costs and time leads me to try making one up from the bit of right size pipe I have laying around. Always a great community here.
The next time I to the UK, I will have to put an extra power steering cooler in my carry on.

There are plenty of finned aluminum aftermarket coolers that will probably work better than that crummy paperclip line. How you decide to mount it will determine if you use one that has the ports on each end or both on one side. It will also increase the capacity of the fluid. I plan to use something like this:

1601485476098.png

Also lots of rectangular options out there like this:

1601498140794.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom