Power Steering Lines Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have just completed the mini truck power steering conversion but dont have the power steering lines. Does anyone know the fittings I need for the return nipple and the power line so I can get these made up?

drive it to a napa or someplace that makes them, tell the oldest guy there to come out and look at it. he's build you a set right there.... at least they did for me.

I just had the same problem. What I did for the high pressure hose was:

1.Bought the el-cheapo high pressure hose for a 86 mini from Advanced Auto or Autozone.

2.Took the power steering hose to another auto parts store that happens to make power steering hoses. They chopped off the metric end of the hose that went to the pump and replaced it with a compression fitting that will mate to 3/8” steel line.

3.Brought the Saginaw pump (same one that is referenced in Romer’s write-up) back to the auto parts store and bought the shortest 3/8” steel brake/hydraulic line with the correct fitting to screw into the pump’s outlet.

4.Cut one end of the brake line off and clamped it in the compression fitting of the power steering hose.

I actually finished doing this today on my lunch break so I have not installed it yet. It looks pretty robust so hopefully it won’t spew all over the place.

Good Luck!

Mine was simple.....the same fitting on the pump as the box. Return was a bastard size but my box came with it. Had my high pressure line made up with 2 90* fittings and rubber hose at the autoparts store (CarQuest) for $19.

Ed

You can see the box end here......
mods%20009.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom