power steering leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this is going to be a huge can of worms i think. if it turns out to be the box and then it needs a alignment im in trouble. i need to replace the tie rods because the the orignals but the truck grew up in ohio/michigan so im pretty sure those tie rods are never coming off and im going to have to replace everything...well at least ill be replacing everything i guess. ugh i have some time off next week so degrease and see if i can find my problem.

With a drip that far forward, I would be looking at the lines and paperclip.

i think the drip that far forward is the fluid running along the frame to the toe hook. the truck came with a second battery and a arb so it's got a little stink bug look to it and i think that causing the fluid to run forward. anyway thats was on the short list of things to fix but this leak is going to take priority.

i think the drip that far forward is the fluid running along the frame to the toe hook. the truck came with a second battery and a arb so it's got a little stink bug look to it and i think that causing the fluid to run forward. anyway thats was on the short list of things to fix but this leak is going to take priority.

Hey man, long time! Glad to see you still have the truck! I was just loathing the Audi forum I'm on and thought i would stop by 'mud for old times sake.

The original PS cooler on that truck rotted through years ago, so I mounted a aftermarket cooler in its place. I bet that if you follow the rubber lines from the PS cooler to where they meet the hard lines you may find your leak. I remember it being a difficult connection when I did the mod.

Just a thought, but it might be a simple fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom